Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Squeaky Brakes

welsh_gal

Hi guys,

Just wondering if I can ask you about the squeak coming from my brakes. I've done a couple of long runs recently and noticed that only when I'm braking I'm getting the squeak. Had front disks and pads replaced in sept and have only done around 4000 miles since then. Could it be the back ones on their way out or something else?

When were the back ones last done? It's possibly just brake dust on the discs. Try spraying them with brake cleaner and it should stop.

as above, could be dust. may be worth taking the pads out, wiping them down then putting some copper slip on the back of them.

Oki doki, since I've got a serious lack of tools and stuffs I'll wait till the service and mot checks next month. It def doesn't sound like scraping.

Thanks guys

hi just make sure one of the brakes is not stuck on as it will wear out very fast.

Have you got rear discs? I'd try copper ease or the like on the back of the pads first.

Have you got rear discs? I'd try copper ease or the like on the back of the pads first.

I've got drums on the back. It's the first car I've had in a while with drums actually. Don't think there is a brake stuck on, I haven't noticed a smell it anything coming from it. Squeaking seems to come and go now too. I've got it booked in for a service and mot now :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club