Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Ford Wait Time For Pickup From Dealer

welshy_maverick

Hi There, don't often start new threads but i'm impatient so here goes. Ive had lots of fiesta's over the last few years. Currently on a "12" Fiesta Zetec S, my local ford dealer confirmed my order for a new fiesta st on Tuesday 4th June. Now I know the st takes longer to arrive and it all depends if the dealer has the car you want or how far away it is but I just wanted to know people's experience and how long they had to wait to get their new ford after agreeing it with the dealer.

Kind Regards To All.

There are a few threads on the boards with regards to new cars and timeframes to order, dealers tend to quote 4 - 6 weeks, however I know that there has previously been some trouble in factories, and so I would suggest double whatever you are told as more of a precaution.

What did your dealer say?

There are a few threads on the boards with regards to new cars and timeframes to order, dealers tend to quote 4 - 6 weeks, however I know that there has previously been some trouble in factories, and so I would suggest double whatever you are told as more of a precaution.

What did your dealer say?

well on the day that I ordered he said it could be 12-14 weeks. but called up today and admin said the build date for it is next month so if I'm lucky I could have in in august, if not very early in September. Maybe my expectations are too high but it does seem like quite a long time to wait for a car to be built?! :wacko: Maybe i'm just too impatient! I've never had to wait for a fiesta to be built before, so normally sitting in it within a couple of weeks or ordering....I'm bored of waiting already... :(

Also just went out to check and my current car tax runs out 31st July!! :( I don't want to have to tax it for 6 months and claim the tax back...

Nor good mate but as I say they had issues in the factory (mondeo specifically but I believe the focus is built there too) so they are running in delay

I like a kid with a new toy! I used to get this excited about buying actual video games for my Nintendo 64 as a kid. I feel your pain ha

lol, I am the same, new car, new toy... as long as it doesnt break it keeps the smile on my face! but then like a kid, when something goes wrong, I sit in the corner with a "hmph" look on my face and refer to it as "stupid car"...

lol, I am the same, new car, new toy... as long as it doesnt break it keeps the smile on my face! but then like a kid, when something goes wrong, I sit in the corner with a "hmph" look on my face and refer to it as "stupid car"...

hahaha!! This made me laugh so hard at work!! That describes me to a tee!! Don't know how my wife puts up with me when I'm like that either!! I'm wishing the weeks away just so I can get my new car!! :P

I like a kid with a new toy! I used to get this excited about buying actual video games for my Nintendo 64 as a kid. I feel your pain ha

haha! being a big gamer myself I know what you mean! Been at far to many midnight releases of games to even count. However this wait for the ST is KILLING ME!!! And ive only been waiting nearly a month so far, so ive at least got 4-6 weeks wait left...best case scenario :unsure:

hahaha!! This made me laugh so hard at work!! That describes me to a tee!! Don't know how my wife puts up with me when I'm like that either!! I'm wishing the weeks away just so I can get my new car!! :P

lol, hopefully I didnt cause too many funny looks from the concerned co-workers ;)

My dealer called me today and said that all going to plan, I should be taking delivery of my ST on 14/08/2013. Having placed the order with Ford on 04/06/2013 my maths tells me that's 11 weeks from order to delivery!! Still too long in my opinion though!! :unsure: It better be worth it!! :P

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so despite the fact I have already ordered my ST from my local dealer and have just got to wait until the end of the month, I got really impatient and booked another test drive at a ford dealership 10 miles away for this afternoon :) It's sad I know though I feel a bit harsh as some salesman there is going to think he is getting a sale out of me today....Have I sinned? :P​

Ok, so despite the fact I have already ordered my ST from my local dealer and have just got to wait until the end of the month, I got really impatient and booked another test drive at a ford dealership 10 miles away for this afternoon :) It's sad I know though I feel a bit harsh as some salesman there is going to think he is getting a sale out of me today....Have I sinned? :P

HAHAHA

poor salesman, :rolleyes:

lol huh i think i did that when waiting for my 1.0 zetec S XD and i went back to the same garage and said hey i need to drive one again lol

lol huh i think i did that when waiting for my 1.0 zetec S XD and i went back to the same garage and said hey i need to drive one again lol

Might try and get away with that too... :)

just say you want to check it out again to give you peice of mind lol

nope! its always good to get a salesman excited, think of it this way... You have just pushed his excitement up, which means he is feeling more positive and optimistic about this sale, therefore his performance and confidence have been increased, making him more likely to make his next sale!

I say congratulations to you for being such a people person ;)

• Like 1

nope! its always good to get a salesman excited, think of it this way... You have just pushed his excitement up, which means he is feeling more positive and optimistic about this sale, therefore his performance and confidence have been increased, making him more likely to make his next sale!

I say congratulations to you for being such a people person ;)

hahaha! best response! That has made me feel less guilty!! Oh well i'm sure it makes up for all the less scrupulous ford salesmen out there that have overcharged honest customers. Though it is not exactly this individual salesman's fault. Pretty sure I wont be feeling any guilt when im sitting in the fiesta ST later!! Might even try and get another test drive at my local dealership too!! It's Ford's fault...they shouldn't take so long to build a new car!! :P

lol that is a good answer :)

I feel no guilt when it comes to salesman, I have had far too many mess me around...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club