Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Remote Fob Not Operating Central Locking

Bongomania

When I try to open my 2010 Focus with the fob it click's and the rear wiper move's but the doors don't open. I've checked fuse's 133/134 in the fusebox in the passenger footwell but all is good there. With the movement of the rear wiper I'm thinking it's shorting out maybe, is there any wiring diagram's available anywhere? I've put new batteries in the fob so I know that's ok, any help and advice would be very much appreciated... :)

Also just found out if I open the drivers door with the key the boot opens but no other door opens and when I press the key fob to open the car the rear wiper inches over abit at a time which tells me there is a short somewhere because I can hear the central locking solinoids trying to operate without success... :(

Edited by Bongomania

Strange, I parked the car up last night and all central locking working :) :) :) then my partner moved it like 10 foot and now it don't work again :( :( :( . Going into Bristol Street Motors tomorrow and it's £80 before they do anything just for diagnostics.... :( :( :(

A likely candidate is the group of wires that are in the sleeve between the roof and the hatch.

They tend to get damaged over time and short across.

I'd recommend that as a first point of investigation.

A likely candidate is the group of wires that are in the sleeve between the roof and the hatch.

They tend to get damaged over time and short across.

I'd recommend that as a first point of investigation.

Cheers, onto it fingers x'ed..... :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club