Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Leighley

Aux Function Stopped Working!

7 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Up to 2 days ago I've been enjoying the delights of my ipod whenever I've wanted in my '10 Fiesta 1.4TDci Titanium.

Now I can't select the Aux function on the stereo, either through the button or via the menu. The ipod is also not being initilised as well so I guess the stereo isn't seeing anything there.

Any ideas? I've checked the iPod & leads!

Thanks

Lee

maybe you should reset your ipod. then try.!

Good advice from Jonny. Also, have you tried another device to check whether the auxiliary is functional? Even a laptop would be sufficient if you plug the jack in.

I've played the ipod through my home amp and works fine so doesn't need resetting. I've also tried connecting the ipod via an apple lead and tried plugging in an iPhone using the Ford lead as well, all to no avail.

All the other functions, CD, Radio, Phone work ok, it's just the AUX button/function that doesn't! Doesn't something on the unit need resetting or could just that one function have broken (as I can't select it through the menu options I don't think it's the physical button faulty!)

If it's connected via USB you may need to reset the module by disconnecting the power.

Hi all,

Thanks for all the advice & ideas. I've reset the Bluetooth module (thinks the thanks goes to Nathan & his YouTube video, if it's his hehe) and hey presto it's now working, quite how Ford design/make a system like this is a bit beyond me but never mind I have my iPod back!

Thanks again guys

Lee

iNath likes this

Hi all,

Thanks for all the advice & ideas. I've reset the Bluetooth module (thinks the thanks goes to Nathan & his YouTube video, if it's his hehe) and hey presto it's now working, quite how Ford design/make a system like this is a bit beyond me but never mind I have my iPod back!

Thanks again guys

Lee

You're welcome ;)