Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Egr Valve Stuck

Foxy63

I've got a focus 1.8 tdci 2006 when one morning it would not start then I called the AA and tried spraying

Some liquid down the EGR inlet pipe and still nothing then he put a blanking plate in the EGR then it started . A new EGR valve is £450 but my friend (ford mechanic) came and had taken the EGR valve apart and it had seized up so the motor on the valve wasn't turning the valve so he was turning the valve manually with long nose pliers very gently which loosened it . So once cleaned he reassembled it took the blanking plate out cleaned the pipes and it started. Fords won't take this apart and clean it they would only fit a new valve costing a lot of money. I hope this helps any one with the same problem

Thanks for the valuable information there Alan!

Unfortunately Ford dont like to do hard work, they like to do the easy and expensive, sell the part, let it be refurbed and sell it on again!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club