Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help! Instrument Lights Not Working!

Rick984

I put in an after market stereo/dvd/Sat nav etc in my focus yesterday but now none of the lights on the instrument panel and hate switches work

I'm pretty confident in my wiring, but think that the power for the heater panel lights may have made contact with each other causing a short.... Only problem is I can't for the life of me find a fuse for these lights to replace it..... Does anyone know where it is? I've inspected all the fuses behind the glovebox and all look fine

Can anyone help?

Hi Richard,

Have you tried putting the old stereo back in just to make sure its not the stereo causing the problem?

Not sure if it's the same but in my focus the fuses are at the front in the engine bay?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

Hi Richard,

Have you tried putting the old stereo back in just to make sure its not the stereo causing the problem?

That may be aproblem as I don't have it any more, will disconnect the new one and see what happens though, good idea

Not sure if it's the same but in my focus the fuses are at the front in the engine bay? Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

The main fuses for the engine etc are in the engine bay yes, but most of the stuff inside the car is behind the glovebox. I'll disconnect the new radio as I've just said then if that's not worked I'll go over the fuses again.

Fingers crossed that its only the stereo. Unfortunately I havent yet found a fusebox diagram for the Puma...

EDIT: Hold on... Why is a Focus in the Puma section! - D'oh!

Moved...

Fingers crossed that its only the stereo. Unfortunately I havent yet found a fusebox diagram for the Puma...

EDIT: Hold on... Why is a Focus in the Puma section! - D'oh!

Moved...

Yeah don't know how or why it's in the puma section, sorry about that, d'oh lol

I don't think it was you, I remember moving some threads, its entirely possible that I moved it there! It might have started in general chat, then I might have moved it to puma, in which case...

*thick moment*

Never mind lol got some ideas to work on which was the purpose lol

true, hopefully it helps!

Yay! Got it sorted! Turns out a couple of wires were touching behind my stereo causing a short, all fixed now, thanks for your help guys!

Excellent, glad to see you got it resolved.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club