Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Washer Nozzle Splatter

ChrisCooper

Is it normal to get a lot of splatter from the wiper nozzles after spraying? I find when I spray, I'll often have to wipe a few times manually to clear the streak going past the drivers wiper that's coming from the left nozzle, and also my bonnet gets a lot of residue around the nozzles from the fluid drying on. Last time I opened the bonnet too I had a lot of fluid going into the drainage channel out of the nozzles (not long sprayed the window before). I've heard about leaks from them, but there doesn't seem to be any signs of this (no fluid dripping from under the insulation on the bonnet top).

That is pretty normal to be fair, if your streaking across the windscreen then you might need to clear the grease off the windscreen, and the Wiper Blades, then perhaps may need to replace the Wiper Blades if they are past it!

The streak isn't from the wipers, it's washer fluid continuing to leak out after spraying, collecting behind the wiper and then leaking past the end of it. Noticed it only does it some times though. Also, from looking at other threads it does seem to be a common problem, but none return valves are helping, so might give that a try when the weather gets warmer.

aaah perhaps I misunderstood! if only the mist jets weren't ridiculously overpriced...

Yea it's a common problem... I've also fitted 3 non return valves which haven't solved the problem

Does any one know where you can purchase the mist washer jets for a mk2.5 focus?

Ford focus mk2.5 1.6 titanium.

Does any one know where you can purchase the mist washer jets for a mk2.5 focus?

eBay ;)

eBay ;)

But not through Allen Ford as they stitched up some members here by cancelling orders and upping the price to stupid levels.

Thanks. Ok ill make sure I don't go to Allen Ford. Cheers for the heads up.

Bar stewards! I wont be using them ever again!

but yeah they are crazy price sadly, £18 a jet is rediculous.

if you dont want the heated variety though, I have heard that the Citroen Xsara Picasso mist jets are a straight swap...

• Like 1

Would it really matter if I didn't get the heated ones?

It wouldnt make the greatest of difference to be honest.

You think about winter when the pipes are frozen only the jets get warmed up but it makes no real odds as far as I can see.

Its what I am tempted to do.

I think I might go down that route then. They are probably a lot cheaper aswel.

I've rarely known it cold enough for the washer jets to freeze up, as long as you use a sufficiently strong mixture of washer fluid that contains antifreeze. Even if they do, a few minutes with the engine running should be enough to unfreeze them, considering they sit right above it. Big price difference though, around £5 for a pair compared to £15 each. Even the genuine Ford ones are about £10 for a pair unheated, so about 1/3 of the price of heated.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club