Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Finance

666Damian666

How does the Ford Finance work, is there anything special/good about it rather than taking out finance elsewhere

Also is there a certain term you have to take the finance over (36,48 months etc) or is it flexible ?

I'm looking into it myself, the majority seem to be over 36 months with the large optional final payment.

Must say vauxhall are better at the moment as they are doing 0% finance over 5 years.

You do get £500 towards most models if you use ford finance so if I buy one I'm going to take advantage of this and then pay it off and loan the money from elsewhere

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Ford OC mobile app

I think by doing that you would need to make sure Ford don't charge you an early repayment fee for paying it off before the agreed term is over as that will just eat into the £500 saving they have given you and make it hardly worth doing in the first place

Yes indeed. My parents did it recently on a new focus and paid £35 charge to pay it off. I'm going for a test drive tomorrow so will find out more then.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Ford OC mobile app

The amount of discount ford credit gives you depends on which model you buy. Fiesta is £500 Focus about £2000 I believe. You have to keep the finance for 3 months or the discount is repayable. Don't forget the salesman gets commission for finance so he should also give you a better deal

Yea there's conditions.

It's normally a PCP and ford decide how long it will be.

If you pay off early there's an administration fee and you have to pay the interest off too

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

I don't want a Balloon payment at the end, I'd rather just pay it all off over say 3 years

You c

You could do that but payments will probably be pretty high

The acquire option allows you to spread the payments over 2-5 years minus your deposit plus interest. Monthly payments are higher but you don't have a balloon payment. You can do finance quotes on the ford website play around with it and see what fits for you.

Make sure you put as much as you can afford into the deal cash and part ex all bring your finance down. Tell them what you can afford and don't be tempted bt a few pounds over that zs tick to your guns.

It looks like their APR is 7.1% which is average but you get an extra £500 off when you take it out which in the long run might work out better than getting a slightly lower APR elsewhere

Also I wonder what level of commission they get per sale for a 15k car like the Zetec S I'm after & if they get more if you add optional extras etc

Would be good to have an insight from someone on here who's in the know & has been a car salesman in the past for example

On a 15k car on finance they get a few grand in commission.

Mine was 9k, on a 51 month HP, 1k deposit, about 4.1% interest, 1 years free extended warranty and it generated about 2k commission.

James is a salesman for Ford :p

And yes they get more if you buy extras.

If you buy a product eg guardex they automatically get £30 in commission plus a percentage depending on how much you buy.

Same if you buy extended warranty etc they get commission for that.

I wouldn't be pushed into crap I don't want/need & have a clear vision of exactly what I want and the price point I feel I can get it for but it's the finance side I wanted some more info on to see if it's worth going with them

2k commission sounds a lot & must eat into their overall profit margin on the car

So that means to say if a salesman sells 15 cars in a month he/she would get 30k commission

Do they only work on commission or do they get a salary on top of that ?

I'm no entirely sure how that bit works!

I know he's told me my car generated 2k commission but whether he gets all of that is a different thing- he's only been there 6 months lol so don't take his word as gospel- but they don't get that until the cars paid off anyway.

And they get about 1k a month basic at his dealership

I would say the total profit margin on the car is 2k & they get a small cut of that cost

Yeah that sounds more like it lol.

Although non-finance deals don't generate anywhere near as much profit as financed cars so depends how many people actually buy finance etc.

And everyone in the department gets £1 for every car sold.

Might work differently for brand new cars too.

I have a Fiesta on a ford options plan over 36 month period, do you know if there is anyway out of it earlier rather than having to pay a certain and amount before you can give it back at all?

I have a Fiesta on a ford options plan over 36 month period, do you know if there is anyway out of it earlier rather than having to pay a certain and amount before you can give it back at all?

You can legally end the contract once you've paid over half of what you owe on the car (that includes deposit/monthly payments/balloon payment at the end). I worked it out just was thinking the same as I need to buy a house soon.

Worked out I'd need to pay 36 months before half is paid off. I am on a 36 month agreement too and would need to pay between 6-7K at the end.

My half way payment is about 6-7k. I guess once my insurance is renewed, the money I'll save will go towards my car. That way I can get to half way quicker and save myself an extra year.

Buy it on a 5 year plan to keep payments low, pay off after 2.5 years, it'll still have warranty and the amount you owe should be around 6K tops but the car will be worth a bit more than that, just remember you can't sell the car elsewhere as it'll fail HPI checks you'll have to take their prices.

and 2k in commission??? I worked for Renault years ago NO car they made even Vee's and Vel Satis's turned that kind of cheese, they got £50 for every finance deal and around £800 was the most I every saw Renault pay in commission was for a Grand Espace fully specced costing £34k, no way does a pony hatch back generate over 10% in comm to the stealer, IIRC the average profit on a regular car is around 30%, Perrys Ford finance when I check in November was 4.4% Apr

I know a ford salesman who gets a 10k basic and £139.00 on every car sold and 179.00 on commercials. Not sure if this changes on options and accessories.

I've got my car on Ford Acquire, pay 368 for 4 years then it's mine. I had a 3 year then balloon payment on my last car and vowed I'd never do that again as I had nothing to show for 3 years of paying the payments.

And I would have thought the £2000 commission becca is talking about is the profit that particular dealership made on that car, of which the salesman's commission will come out of...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club