Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Sync Problem On New Fiesta

smfdurham

My new fiesta titanium x arrived today and I've loved the 200 miles I've driven in it. The ecoboost engine really is brilliant!

The only issue I have is with ford sync...

I've connected my iPhone 5 on iOS 7 to bluetooth and am able to make calls, listen to music from my phone etc. If I use google maps as a sat nav then the navigation voice cuts in automatically through the car Speakers - great

If however I listen to the radio then there is no sound from google maps navigation. If I turn the radio off and listen to music from my phone again then the sound works fine

Is there a workaround to this?

Unless you got the GPS navigation in the car there is no workaround as the phone GPS only works through the phone so the radio setting has to be bluetooth... not the clearest explanation but you can kind of get the jist of things

That's annoying! But makes total sense

If I bought a sat nav and connected it via bluetooth would I have the same problem?

You'd come across the same issue, but when on bluetooth, you couldnt have your phone playing music and sat nav at the same time, it'd have to be one or the other as it can only pair to one device to use at a time.

Well not brilliant news but can work around it at least, really appreciate your quick responses!

Just a quick one, I was given a zetec fiesta by local dealer for the day while mine was in there and when I used google maps on my iPhone (my car has built in sat nav) it does come through the Speakers but only as a phone call which is strange but does the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club