Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel Gauge Problem

JayJones877

So Iv'e started to notice that when I fill my car up now with petrol the needle on the petrol gauge is fine but the digital one is not in sync with it anymore. When my petrol goes down the digital gauge eventualy catches back up with it around the 45 mile mark. It's not major problem but still it is a problem non the less. Anyone know how to reset the digital gauge or what they would recommend I do, surley it can't be the sensor because the analog gauge is fine or am I wrong?

I know for a fact I get over the 100 mile mark when just under half a tank of petrol is the car not 77...

Ideas? Thanks

post-51942-0-29518300-1395865481_thumb.j

the digital gauge usually works itself out depending on the way you drive before you fill it up, like sometimes i can fill up and it says 300+ and others says 200+, when i start driving on the motorway again it go's up again so its nothing to worry about

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

yeh I've noticed that before my gauge went funny, but even when I fill it pretty much full it doesn't go over 100 mile mark.

unless your driving stupidly quick everywhere i cant see why you'd only get 100 for a full tank :/

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

TBH, I don't know how you'd only get 100 from half a tank, either

I've got a little 1.25 Edge , and half a tank usually shows around 200 miles to empty (full tank is about 360ish).Mostly motorway driving, mind.

I don't think I could have got down to 200 miles a tankful on my previous car - a 2ltr 280bhp Saab weighing almost as much as the moon

Yeh I know I'm just saying it should be alot higher than 100 mile as an example, i'm not saying i only get 100 mile from a full tank that would crazy.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club