Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cleaning Alloys - Tip

rich57

As it was really nice weather at the weekend so I decided to clean the alloys, I assembled all the usual stuff; Alloy wheels cleaner, tar remover, brushes, rags etc. . . . After about two hours work the wheels were a looking a lot better but still with a lot of tar and engrained brake dusk especially on the inner part of the wheels. I was starting to get a few comments from the girlfriend about me getting obsessive about my wheels and I had about had enough by then anyway so I decided to call it a day. Yesterday a friend of mine suggested using something I had never heard of; “Bar Keepers Friend” not that easy to find but I found some in Waitrose. Tried it on just one wheel last night; brilliant stuff!, gets off all the stains and its only £3 for a bottle, certainly won't be buying alloy wheel cleaner again.

Good tip. I use iron x to remove the brown staining, that stuff works wonders with little effort, its just apply on rinse off

Sent from my Zetec S using the FOC for Android app

I have slight curbing marks on my alloys from the owner before so the paint is no longer sealed, can i use a Non-acid based cleaner on them safely?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

The cleaners usually say on them if they are not to be used on unsealed paint.

Sent from my Zetec S using the FOC for Android app

okay mate might just continue with the soap and sponge lol just takes ages!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app