Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aux Socket ..... ????

Chris_carbon

This is gonna be a dumb question I can already feel it

Aux socket is in glove box ? Believe it is what I have found already

However the button on my radio that switches to aux doesn't switch to it , it goes to cd but doesn't then cycle to the aux setting

I'm very confused

Anyone got any tips or am I simply being a fecking eejit ??

Sent from the enterprise

sounds like its not connected. You may have a blanking plate on the glovebox, so you need to remove the glove box and check if you have a connector in the back of it.

There is a wire in the back of the aux socket that seems to disappear to the back of the radio system , as yet not had radio out to check if it plugged in there but the wire is not loose it seems connected a taught

I'm so confused

And I'm wanting to do everything properly with this car my last motor was a civic and any issues could be covered with fiberglass or other bodge jobs :D

This car deserves better

Sent from the enterprise

lol, sounds like you had a few good fixes :p

As for the aux, if your pressing the aux button and its not swapping operation mode (pressing the button on the stereo directly that is!) then you may be looking at a faulty stereo, as even if AUX is not connected to the headunit, it should still swap into the operation mode. Alternatively, if your trying to access it using the keys on the steering wheel / stalk, then this might have a broken or bad connection somewhere.

Dammit , thanks for the help

The previous fixes on the honda weren't all bad , I just kept changing bits a lot

Sent from the enterprise

Is it a 6000CD unit or a Sony unit? I know there's a menu option on the Sony to turn the AUX function on and off, but can't remember if the 6000CD has the same menu options.

It's a sony I believe , haven't sat in the driving seat for so long i can't remember fully haha

Sent from the enterprise

I cant recall having to enable aux in the father in laws sony, so I dont believe its an on off switch there, but I could be wrong, if the firmware is different...

There is definitely an option on the Sony's to turn on/off Auxiliary input...hold down the 'Menu' button for a few seconds, the VID number will flash up, press down and it brings you to the Aux menu, and across will cycle it between on and off...

post-30295-0-14481700-1399907551_thumb.j

post-30295-0-62325700-1399907614_thumb.j

• Like 1

Thanks a bunch , sorted it now

Sent from the enterprise

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club