Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Slightly Corroded Brake Pipes

Shy Philosopher

Hi,

I've just got a 53 Ford Focus & flicking back through the old MOTs I see mention of the brake pipes being slightly corroded. I wasn't sure if this is something I need to be concerned about? Also, might this be covered by the 12 year corrosion warranty?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Have you had a look to see if there is any leakage from the pipes?

I personally wouldn't risk anything when I comes to brakes.

I mean do you value your/someone else's life more than the cost of brake lines.

Karl.

Sent from my C5303 using Ford OC mobile app

I had this as an advisory on my mot for my old car

For the cost of it, I'd get them replaced because you never know when the rust could eat through enough to make a whole and you could potentially loose all brakes if this happened

I'd think the 12 year warranty would be for treated panels such as painted body parts and not cover parts which will inevitably wear over time and use

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies. I took her to a reliable local garage, who carried out a free safety check. They said there's nothing to worry about with the brake pipes at present, as the corrosion is only slight at present, but they will keep an eye on it. They said they'd do another free check on her before the winter to see if it's still all ok & there won't be an issue between now & then. It's a relief to know she is safe to drive, plus it meant I had the money to put her in for a full service (she's only ever had interim ones before - the last of which was April 2013).

I've had slightly corroded brake pipes in the advisory on the mot for the last 4 years. this time though they needed changing.

It may be just a bit of surface rust. I would wire brush them and the waxoil them.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club