Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyre Recommendations.

ScottyMc

Hello,

I am looking for tyre recommendations for my 13-plate Mondeo estate. Tyre size is 215/55/R16. The car currently has Michelin Premacy on the front which were replaced 8k miles ago and are down to 3mm, the rear has Hankook's which are about the same. I know that the same tyre on a different vehicle will wear differently.

I've previously ran Toyo Proxes on other cars and find them to have a good balance of grip and durability. They usually last me around 15k miles.

Can anyone make any recommendations?

Cheers.

Goodyear eagle f1's? I can't say how long they will last because I haven't used a full set, but grip Is phenomenal!

Sent from my KFTT using Ford OC mobile app

Never liked Michelins or Pirellis but most others are pretty good. I have used Bridgestones and they seem to last well. If money no object I would get either Goodyear or Continental.

• Like 1

The sport contact 5's are supposed to be a great tyre.

I have just ordered a set of f1's for my mondeo, my evo came with a set. I can't recommend them enough. £143 each fitted from blackcircles.com. I think it's reasonable for 235 40 R18, I would only have saved £80 on the set putting middle of the road one's on.

Sent from my KFTT using Ford OC mobile app

Thanks for the input chaps.

Today the missus and I popped over to Costco and I had a spy at their prices, hopefull that a set of Michelin's would've been cheaper as the grip on the premacy's are very good. More expensive than blackcircles so that is out of the question.

On another note, has anyone used 'Tyre Leader' before? They appear to be based in Germany and ship the tyres over to a local fitting centre (similar to blackcircles, mytyres etc) but their taxes are lower, hence lower prices. I've no problem with ordering things from the Continent (I do it for beer most of the time ;) ).

Cheers.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club