Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta Radio Removal

anna1994

Hi all. New here.

I have a ford fiesta mk6 (05) with the standard 4500 radio which today i removed the dash off in order to cut the two strips off the dash in order to fit an aftermarket.

I had to turn my battery off and now my regular stereo won't work. I know i need to get the serial for it to get the code - but the stereo won't even come out! I undid all the screws and pulled and nothing. I can feel a bit of resistance like it may be connected at the back. Do some cars have some sort of security mechanism that would be stopping it from coming out?f

Any help would be appreciated! I haven't got my new radio yet so for the mean time I have no radio at all! eek.gif

I can't post links on this forum which is very damned annoying but go to fitaudio.com and search for your model and they have a how-to.

I removed mine yesterday! On the rear, there is a plastic bracket bolted to the rear of the radio radio which "slides" over a piece of the plastic moulding on the dashboard under the radio. It should just pull out, give it a wiggle! Once I removed all 4 screws, mine came straight out.

It's a bit strange that it stopped working since you attempted removal, is there any chance you've blown a fuse or something?

I recall reading there is a way to obtain the serial number without removing the radio, something similar to holding "1" and "6" down at the same time, may be worth a search if you get it working again?

To get the serial just press/hold 6 and press/release 2.

• Like 1

To get the serial just press/hold 6 and press/release 2.

Thanks Clive! Managed to get the radio working for now using this method.

I removed mine yesterday! On the rear, there is a plastic bracket bolted to the rear of the radio radio which "slides" over a piece of the plastic moulding on the dashboard under the radio. It should just pull out, give it a wiggle! Once I removed all 4 screws, mine came straight out.

It's a bit strange that it stopped working since you attempted removal, is there any chance you've blown a fuse or something?

I recall reading there is a way to obtain the serial number without removing the radio, something similar to holding "1" and "6" down at the same time, may be worth a search if you get it working again?

Thanks for that - Ill give it another go today. I took off the bezel, undid all screws and it started to wiggle but absolutely would not come out no matter how much force I used! (my dad and I both tried). It definitely felt like it was being help down at the back as I could feel the resistance pull back almost like a spring. Did yours just slide out straight away? I watched a video on youtube with someone demonstrating how to remove the radio and followed all the steps, and when it came to removing the radio there's just slid out! I can't figure out why mine won't!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club