Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A/c Firewall

Davo1989

Hi I'm trying to find the a/c pipe to unclogg it but been told to look be shine the firewall witch I have no idea What it is please he'll it's a 03 Ford feista

the firewall is the sepearting wall between the engine and your legs when your driving :p

To be honest if the refrigerant is empty its fine to play but if you have gas in there you shouldnt touch it, its poisonous to the world and is illegal to work on yourself, but as well as that its just not worth the agro. who told you you had a blockage?

I have a water sound in my dash board and got told to try and UN block the a/c pipe. If tried the collect thing up hill not sure what else to try any suggestion

Sounds unlikely to be that air con pipe, is it under or behind the dash In the cabin?

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

I think Davo might mean the drain pipe (to carry away water that drips from the cooler matrix).

Davo, my fiesta's a different model to yours so is possibly a different design. However I might as well tell you about the 1999 design as it may be similar...

On a 1999 fiesta the drain pipe is a rubber pipe that connects to the bottom of the box that holds the cooler matrix (behind the ash tray/heater controls) and runs vertically downwards through the floor of the car. The pipe's very narrow (at least the one on my fiesta is) and it blocks with gunk every couple of years. When it blocks it has to then be removed and cleaned out using a metal coat hanger wire or similar, before refitting. On my fiesta the rubber pipe can be accessed via the driver's footwell (to the left of the right footwell, or possibly to the right of the left footwell) and can be undone by releasing the clamp at the top of the pipe and pulling it downwards. The rest of the pipe then just pulls up, out of a hole in the floor.

If the cooler matrix box contains water, this water may run into the car as the pipe is removed. If the water's been building up for a while it may be stagnant and *may stink like hell*! If there's a chance that water will run into the car I usually put a tray under the cooler box before removing the pipe, just to be on the safe side. It's unusual to get much of a build-up of water on a 1999 fiesta, however, as the water just overflows into the passenger footwell if the drain pipe gets blocked.

Not sure how the water drains an '03 fiesta but if the design is similar to the previous model this info may be of use.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club