Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air Filter

Paisleyjim

Guys I've got a problem I fitted a cone air filter to my mk2 focus and was wondering do i take the box the old filter was in completely away or do I leave it as a breather pipe from the rocker cover is running into the bottom of it I've handed pics to help what I'm on about lol post-53860-140838425308_thumb.jpgpost-53860-140838426506_thumb.jpg

First pic is the cone filter I bought the 2nd is the bottom part of the stock air filter I'm not sure what to do with it

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

remove the old box but you must get as much cold air as you can to the daft cone filter, it will suffer with heat soak otherwise and you will LOOSE BHP, no doubt you will get the usual boy racer roar when you hit the go pedal.

As for the breather you can if you want run a pipe down for the gases to escape.

you may find its a quicker car with the stock box and a decent panel filter (minus the ROAR).

Happy playing :D :driving:

Lol cheers andy. I'm a bit old to be a boy racer. The reason I got the cone filter was to get a bit more bhp cos my focus is an auto and mibby a wee bit more sound and the cone filter was only a tanner on eBay so I thought it was a Bargain

time will tell me old mucker lol but like I say you need as much cold air getting to the filter for maximum atomisation any hot air will loose you bhp, it may sound like a rally car but it will go like a milk float :D :D :driving: :driving:

Yeh I've got it sucking plenty of cold air lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club