Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Astra Driven Off Tow Truck!!!

Turvey

Wow, couldn't a drop like that write a car off? Amusing though :D

Probably, especially when you look at the car and the attitude of the driver - the car probably wasn't worth as much as the parking fine lol.

• Like 1

Incredible, that exhaust must have been torn off its mounts and split or bent. I'm surprise the engine didn't fall off its mount either.

That definitely caused alot of damage to his car, can't see it passing it's next mot

its an astra this surely belongs to the spot the poor vauxhall thread (even if its an opel astra they are the same thing) :)

anyway good luck to the driver of that car im sure hes going to have to put his hand in his pocket to pay for the damages done to his car hehe

"Spot the poor vauxhall" lol the reason the car doesn't seem to take any damage is because it's a vauxhall. they already look crashed and smashed up that's why we don't see the damage as we are Fordies. Show an Astra driver this and I bet they are like oh my god look what they have done to that etc !

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Ford OC

• Like 1

I've actually seen that done before, what's funny though and is in relation to the comments about it being broken. You would be surprised at how much these cars can actually take. I used to own a 1.7DTi and took it off on a roundabout at speed (Hit black ice), went up in air about 3ft and the only damage I did to it, was a cracked coil spring and shattered break disks. Everything else with the car was fine.

So just cosmetic things then, nothing crucial to the safe operation of a motor vehicle :D.

• Like 2

You can hear the exhaust blowing and scraping after it hit the ground. Also sounded like it misfired too or maybe that was the drivers spine

You can hear the exhaust blowing and scraping after it hit the ground. Also sounded like it misfired too or maybe that was the drivers spine

Yeah I would have thought that wouldn't do his back any good lol, I can feel it in my back when I go over some bumpy roads, so falling several feet onto the road can't be good.

Would have been even better if the air bags went off and an ambulance had to be called plus fire truck to cut the roof off and crane to lift him out after his back injuries

• Like 1

That would have been a waste of time, effort and resources

Personally, I would have liked to see the car hit the ground, the wheels break free, doors flump out and off the car to make that sort of farting noise...just like the cartoons used to portray :D

• Like 2

Posted this in the Vauxhall thread! Thought you guys would like it. ;)

haha, so basically he has bent the under chassis on both sides, destroyed his engine mounts, has bust his radiator, will probably have shattered the suspension, probably knocked off his tracking at the very least.

He really wont be getting past his next MOT.

I am amused!

haha, so basically he has bent the under chassis on both sides, destroyed his engine mounts, has bust his radiator, will probably have shattered the suspension, probably knocked off his tracking at the very least.

I am amused!

I am amused!

Don't forget smashed the sump in, his engine probably leaked out oil not too far after that

true that. he must have been lucky to have not done so.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club