Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Key Programming For Central Locking

MattJakeT

Hey guys. Ford did not fix my radio key, they just made a spare up. Figured I would do it myself. Ordered this cut for my car, and asked them to send it not glued so I could get my transponder chip in from my broken key. So I have the matching chip from my old key ready, all I need to do is program it into my central locking when it arrives, my question is about the possibility of it not working. Just because my old key is not a flip. It's a 59 plate fiesta if that's any help?

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Not really sure if this is what you're asking but if you are looking to program the Remote fob to the car, then put the key in the ignition and turn it to position 2 and back to off 4 1/2 times (so it ends up in the on/p2 position).

You should then hear a sound from behind the dash.

Hold down any button on the fob for five seconds.

Switch the ignition off and take out the key.

That should be it buddy. (Ford wanted £120 from me!)

Hope this helps?

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

Not really sure if this is what you're asking but if you are looking to program the Remote fob to the car, then put the key in the ignition and turn it to position 2 and back to off 4 1/2 times (so it ends up in the on/p2 position).

You should then hear a sound from behind the dash.

Hold down any button on the fob for five seconds.

Switch the ignition off and take out the key.

That should be it buddy. (Ford wanted £120 from me!)

Hope this helps?

Steve

Cheers. I could have worded it better actually. Basically asking if the radio central locking in the flip key is comparable with my fiesta.

Cheers. I could have worded it better actually. Basically asking if the radio central locking in the flip key is comparable with my fiesta.

It's probably me being dumb here, not you. But if it helps, I think most remote fobs are fine, as you programme the car itself to learn the key, not the other way around.

My car didn't come with a remote fob, so I got one off eBay and linked it to the car as I said earlier. The fob a got was a flip key type from a Mondeo. I just use that to lock/unlock the car, and use the simple key that came with the car to start it.

Any probs give me a shout and I'll help where I can.

It's probably me being dumb here, not you. But if it helps, I think most remote fobs are fine, as you programme the car itself to learn the key, not the other way around.

My car didn't come with a remote fob, so I got one off ebay and linked it to the car as I said earlier. The fob a got was a flip key type from a Mondeo. I just use that to lock/unlock the car, and use the simple key that came with the car to start it.

Any probs give me a shout and I'll help where I can.

Thanks Steve, I am probably over thinking it. Will find out tomorrow!

Cheers

Best of luck to you sir!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club