Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

In Car Video Camera For Less Than £11

btmaldon

I saw this advert and thought I would give it a try:

http://astore.amazon.co.uk/thederangeddr-21/detail/B005Q6CJI4

At less than £11 I wasn't expecting much. It arrived yesterday so I put in my car today. It comes with a 3m power lead so you can put it anywhere on the windscreen and run the cable and tuck it away and still reach the power socket. Its also got a rechargeable battery, screen suction mounting kit and a USB Lead.

I stuck in a 2gb SD card I had lying around and I was amazed at how good it is for the money. The sound isn't great but what do you expect for this price.

What is the video quality like? In this day and age I am tempted more and more to get a dashcam.

I have only used it on the second quality level 720 x 480 and it was OK. I haven't tried it at night yet. I also want try it on 1280x 960 but only having a 2gb card in there Im not sure how much video it can take.

You can put it on a loop so it records individual files from 1 minute to 15 minutes long and when it comes to the end of the memory it automatically deletes the first file and replaces it with a new one.

It also starts recording as soon as you turn it on and will shut down automatically as well if there is no movement.

I've seen these reviewed elsewhere...not good...they have a habit of just stopping - usually after a few weeks

I bought one of these a couple of years back for about £20, it has been very temperamental as in the buttons only work when they want to, and it will stop itself for no reason. I guess you get what you pay for.

Got any video samples?

Got any video samples?

Not that I can upload.

Its not HD quality and if it lasts a few months I will be happy. You are not going to make a movie with it so it shouldn't take a lot of abuse as you only have to hit the power button and not even that when you use the power lead.

Will be interesting to see how it looks

Last time I checked they were going for £9.26. Looks like I over paid.

even then if it does the job, is clear enough and suits the minimum requirements then its a good job never the less, even for £2 overpay!

The problem with some of these cheap dash cams is the video quality is so bad you sometimes can't even read number plates. You can get a Mobius for about £40 and that's all the dash cam most people will ever need.

Agreed or my gs for half that :-D

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club