Do Not Sell My Personal Information

C-Max 1.6T Ecoboost Tit-X Buying Advice

Andy H Dibley

Hi all,

I'm a Focus owner so feel a bit lost in this sub-forum, so be kind!

Anyway, my mum is looking for a new car and has found a potential one she likes, now I'm just doing the good son bit of finding out if there are any bad bits she should know about.

The car she is looking at is a MY2013 C-Max Titanium X, believed to have all the bells and whistles and is an ex-Ford Managers car. This being the 1.6T Ecoboost engine, seems to be packing a fairly pokey 182PS engine.

Basically what I'm after are anythings she should know about ownership, little niggles or thing to look out for, or what to expect?

Thanks in advance, will keep you all posted if she gets it.

To be perfectly honest, I haven't seen much about C-Max problems.

Seeing as it shares the Focus platform, I'd be tempted to use that as a basis.

I would hope that it's well looked after - surely the lads in the shop wouldn't risk their jobs by peeing off management?

I have recently bought a 2011 C-Max with the Ecoboost 1.6 engine but mine is the 150 ps engine.In my opinion this is a really good engine with plenty of power when needed. A few years ago I had a C-Max with the two litre diesel engine which ran very well and this petrol motor is the nearest that I have found to that for performance. The 180 version should really move!

Tell her to go for it!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club