Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk7 Spare Wheel/sealant And Jack.

jace1969

Just had my fiesta titanium mk 7... 11 plate and all i have is a compressor and a sealant bottle.

Also no jack,i think this is normal in the cars today but has anyone just gone and got a steel spare

wheel and a jack instead of this,also the car has the 17'' zetec s alloys on (i think )

Thanks

I bought a 15" steel wheel (full size) with tyre, jack, wheel brace, tool holder & wheel retaining bolt for my 2011 fiesta Zetec a few years ago for around £200. I recently traded the fiesta in & I have now transfered all of it in to my newer fiesta.

Having the compressed & can of gunk is only any good if you don't have a blowout or a puncture in the side wall of the tyre.

I've ordered a steel spare wheel with my new Tit for £100. God knows what (if anything) comes with it.

I just bought a fiesta titanium & it came with the compressor & can of gunk & the dealer offered to put a spare wheel ect in it for me when I picked it up but I said I didn't need it as I had taken it all out of my previous mk7 fiesta.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

A saw the spare wheel kit from Ford £110 it's steel wheel and kit (jack etc) FordpartsUK aswell http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_fiesta_15_space_saver_spare_wheel_kit_from_2012_to_2014_f_KITSPARE15_c_1103.htm

A phoned hills breakers and got the kit with spare wheel plus etc for 78 :)

• Like 1

Cheers m8 thats spot on what i need,will it be ok as the car has 17'' on 205 tyres so what size tyre would i need on it to

make it level,think these are 205/40.

Do i just take the old kit thats in now out and this will fit right in.

Thanks

I haven't got a clue mate but al find out for ye (mates a tyre fitter) lol

Yes the space saver kit just replaces the sealant kit in the boot, the tyre you need is 125/80/R15

Winemart2 you get the jack and tools with the spare wheel.

Cheers all,just sorting one out soon and that link on here looks the best i can see as of yet for the price.

Has to say,its a dam nicer drive than my corsa d lol ............Great help on here......

Thanks

Cheers Mark & Willy. I just looked at the link from Paramanic, 22 !"£$%^& quid for a spare wheel fixing screw. Screw is right.

Haha as a said. You could do is phone a breakers and ask the actual price of one this is what I'm doing ng the one im buying is 65 but 12 delivery that's why it's 77 quid lol this is steel wheel plus Jack and all other stuff and wheel has tyre

When i got my Fiesta it came with the aerosol tyre repair kit but looking on Etis it said spare wheel and jack.I pointed this out to the supplying dealer and they swapped it no bother.If you dont ask you dont get.

I got a wheel tyre jack and the foam thingy that holds it all in the boot off eBay for about £90. Then sold the gunk for about £20.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

I will have a look on eBay as well,does it has to be for the pr-facelift or will it fit from 08 to now.

Mine is 2011.

Also a quick question about the climate control,how to turn it off and on and just use the heater manual.

I hit the 'auto' and aircon comes on so turn aircon off and press the auto again but light stops on auto,even if i

press window/side vents etc. ( so much stuff to sort out here )

If you adjust the fan speed it will come out of auto mode. In auto the fan will eventually slow down it's just the system is trying to get to the selected temperature as quick as possible.

I select a temp I want then leave it in auto, it will keep that temp and keep the windows clear,,as soon as you turn the aircon off it will start to mist up.

Cheers mark,ill just leave auto on but turn the a/c off,save a bit of fuel.

Picked up my 09 plate mk7 Zetec S last week and was also surprised it had no spare wheel. Dealer said there is an air compressor etc ... and this is the way Ford works these days ...

Spoken with my friendly tyre-guy (runs local tyre store/services) and he confirmed that there is a lot of hot-hatchbacks on the market these days without spare wheel. He just warned me - if you get slow puncture, never use the sealant ! Just top up with air with compressor supplied and get to the nearest tyre services to fix the puncture. He said nobody likes to mess around dirty tyre with sealant inside ..

Had two mk1 focus cars before - both had normal steel spare with jack.

Kris

Check burford1120 on eBay he breaks lots late fiestas got my kit off him complete £80.

Picked up my 09 plate mk7 Zetec S last week and was also surprised it had no spare wheel. Dealer said there is an air compressor etc ... and this is the way Ford works these days ...

Spoken with my friendly tyre-guy (runs local tyre store/services) and he confirmed that there is a lot of hot-hatchbacks on the market these days without spare wheel. He just warned me - if you get slow puncture, never use the sealant ! Just top up with air with compressor supplied and get to the nearest tyre services to fix the puncture. He said nobody likes to mess around dirty tyre with sealant inside ..

Had two mk1 focus cars before - both had normal steel spare with jack.

Kris

Common now for car makers to lower specs so that the pump & goo is standard then the space saver/spare are a no-cost option. Lot of people miss this when ordering a car or find out too late if they've been sold one out of dealer stock. Saves money on cost of the wheel, jack and wheel brace compared to the compressor and gunge.

With some types of goo this renders the tyre unrepairable as you can't degrease the inner carcass to make a repair, believe the Continental goo used by Ford falls under this banner. An alternative is a Slime kit which uses a water soluble sealant.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club