Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Weird Cutting Out! Puzzled!

gjwilson80

Hi folks :)

I'm hoping someone can help because this is puzzling me crazy!

I drive a ford fiesta mk4 zetec 1.25 (1999) W reg - Normally when I drive on my own no matter what terrain it is it's as sweet as a nut. Sometimes when I have passengers it's a different story! So here is the scenario........ I start the car and leave to warm up for a few minutes before moving off. Once I'm driving along all seems fine and then I hit a hill (with passenger only this happens) ..... the car struggles and when I reach the top of the hill the car dies. It takes a few turns of the key to get started again and it seems the only way to keep the car running once I have managed to get started again is to push the accelerator in to keep the revs up ......while doing this I move off again and after a few yards the car is running sweet again! This is the third time it's done this, and as I've said it only happens when I have a passenger .....other times I don't even get a cough. This latest occurrence did happen when I pushed in the clutch to change down gear ....but other times it has happened when I haven't.

This is really puzzling me ....... I've changed the air filter, fuel filter, cam belt and I always put in the correct oil type and other fluids topped up to what ford recommends.

I do have a thought it could maybe be the fuel pump? I can hear it fire up for a few seconds when I turn the ignition so I'm not sure if it's on its way out!

Any suggestions people? I'd gratefully appreciate your help!

Thanks!

Graham :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club