Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My First Elm327 Scan Results Are In

tractor

Excellent thanks mate that really helps :)

Do you know if there is a thread anywhere on how to use FORscan with what the options/setting are and general how to use it?

The P2459 error is one that you cannot clear yourself. Does it have to go through several regens before it's satisfied that the fault has been rectified? I wonder if resetting the learned values for the DPF would reset the DTC code....

I wouldn't bother with ford if it was me, I would reset the learned DPF values and hopfully that would remove the code, which would make sense as this code is based on an average and historical data, if you remove that data theres no low values pulling the average down

if it returns then.......I just found this through google, so could be one of these cause a frequent regen

Possible causes

- Exhaust leak

- Improperly installed or loose Exhaust Gas Temperature (EGT)

- Low engine compression

- Corroed fuel injector

- Water in the fuel system

Read more: http://engine-codes.com/p2459_ford.html#ixzz3PS1MV6Fa

trac

try this one buddy it helped me a bit

trac

Great thanks mate :)

Resetting the learned dpf values will change the distance until dpf full value, it calculates this again with some funky maths based on pressure difference but it takes ages to sort, I had to drive about 400 miles before it normalized, originally it was show about 2000 miles left before full, after i reset it changed to 4000, at this point figured to hell with it, spent enough time worry about it, so I "fixed" it :)

I did a thread that I have used and have a few bits of advice in there :) Its in my signature :)

Great thnaks for this, I had signatures turned off so will take a look.

Hi All,

Ok managed to get some time to myself soplayed with the FORscan software, I like it a lot for diagnosing stuff....only down side is I found a bunch of DTC Codes link to thread

Anyway I did a Live Data scan of my EGR Value and wondered if anyone can tell me if this is good or bad? I'm planning on using Wynn's EGR Cleaner so just thought I'd do a before and after and see if it has improved etc...

457519f2-0aa4-4b45-8b1e-0314b3fb4f9a_zps

C+C welcome of course

Jason

That looks to me like the vacuum of the he egr. It looks right though as the egr opens and closes and it seems very. Much flowing and not Jerky in its movements, so I would say if you have no issues it looks to be working well

Great thanks mate, still going to clean the EGR but not going to use the entire can which is what it says on the can.

Hopefully this is the fruits of also using only premium fuels

To be honest matey you might as well use the full can and then consider using the egr blank. Once you start the can the compound can break down as the accelerant is higher concentration

Hi Jason,

It would be handy to see RPM on the oscilloscope to see what the EGR is doing at certain revs. Also good to see the other EGR options on there as well.

I tried EGR TP, not sure what this shows as mine stayed at 2%.

I'm tempted to have my car Terraclean'd to see how good it is, and how much difference it makes, but I want to change the car.

Steve

Only get terraclean if your going to keep the car. At 100 odd quid, its not worth just giving that to a buyer who won't appreciate it lol

Hi Jason,

It would be handy to see RPM on the oscilloscope to see what the EGR is doing at certain revs. Also good to see the other EGR options on there as well.

I'm tempted to have my car Terraclean'd to see how good it is, and how much difference it makes, but I want to change the car.

Steve

I'll see what I can do, will have to have a play with the software on Sunday

• 1 month later...

Hi Jason,

Steve

Hi Steve,

Sorry it's taken so long to do this but finally got some live data with the EGR & RPM on the oscilloscope.

EGR%20amp%20RPM%20Driving%20-%2010th%20M

Jason

• 11 months later...

Any one got the link for the elm 327 off eBay?  Thanks in advance 

• Like 1

you should use the commanded EGR and actual EGR as well as RPM, it will give you a much better idea what's going on

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club