Do Not Sell My Personal Information

REMOTE KEY

RUSSBUS

DOES ANYBODY KNOW IF IT IS POSSIBLE TO PROGRAME A REMOTE TO START A C MAX ON A DIY BASIS I KNOW I CAN PROGRAME ONE TO OPEN THE CAR BUT HAVE HEARD ONLY FORD CAN PROGRAME TO START . ALSO I HAVE SEEN JAGUAR FOBS ON THE NET THEY WORK ON FOCUS C MAX AND MONDEO BUT THE SELLER DID NOT KNOW IF THEY WORK ON A NEW SHAPE C MAX , ANYBODY ANY IDEAS PLEASE ?

THANKS RUSS

P.S . IF I TRY TO PROGRAME A REMOTE AS PER HANDBOOKINSTRUCTIONS IS THERE ANY DANGER OF THE ORIGINAL REMOTE NOT WORKING AFTER OR DOES IT NOT AFFECT EXISTING ONES ?

DOES ANYBODY KNOW IF IT IS POSSIBLE TO PROGRAME A REMOTE TO START A C MAX ON A DIY BASIS I KNOW I CAN PROGRAME ONE TO OPEN THE CAR BUT HAVE HEARD ONLY FORD CAN PROGRAME TO START . ALSO I HAVE SEEN JAGUAR FOBS ON THE NET THEY WORK ON FOCUS C MAX AND MONDEO BUT THE SELLER DID NOT KNOW IF THEY WORK ON A NEW SHAPE C MAX , ANYBODY ANY IDEAS PLEASE ?

THANKS RUSS

only ford can do this as they link up to the ecu i would imagine.

However, this is a 10 min job so dont let them charge the earth. Get a quote first

only ford can do this as they link up to the ecu i would imagine.

However, this is a 10 min job so dont let them charge the earth. Get a quote first

BEEN QUOTED £90 AT LOCAL FORD DEALER

BEEN QUOTED £90 AT LOCAL FORD DEALER

BORROWED A REMOTE FROM A FRIEND WHO HAS A MK3 MONDEO AND IT PROGRAMED TO OPEN MY CAR SO HAVE COMPARED REMOTES ON E BAY AND JUST BOUGHT ONE FOR £42 NEW , I THINK IT SHOULD WORK TO OPEN AND UNALARM MINE . FINGERS CROSSED I WILL LET YOU KNOW THE OUT COME .

£90 i guess is for 1 hours worth of work.. do they charge 90 an hour at your dealership?

• 1 month later...

Hi

in the head there are two things 1st there is the remote that operates the doors (deadlocks & sets alarm) which the car can program by the handbook. Secondly there is the transponder which is activated as you turn on the ignition . The in board management system sends a signal via a coil on the steering column to the key and then the transponder returns a coded signal if it is the wrong one it shuts the car down (it is inductionally coupled so no batterys are requied) These the car cannot programe with only one key (red chip requires red master - blue chip requires two working keys).When you have only one key the dealer has to program the new key into the management system or you have to find a key cutter that can clone another.

Regards ian