Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Odd Reasons Insurers Use Void Insurance

B13

I wonder if race car drivers normal insurance is high..

Sent via carrier pigeon using Ford OC

I expect they can afford it ;)

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Certain things such as window tinting I can understand.. You're potentially reducing visibility - you're more of a risk...

I suppose stickers and painted wheels/calipers etc, could give an indication as to "who you are"... You're more into your cars, you might be interested in its limits, i.e. you're more of a risk... But idk, these companies are huge because they don't often have to pay out what is paid in...

Window tinting is as standard on the car though :blink:

I also doubt that's the case re painted / changing alloys, I expect they view background - more and more insurers are asking on their forms if you have children / dependants, as well as age, job, gender, postcode, and so on.

A 17yr old lad on benefits with no children is hardly going to be looked at the same as a 32yr old mother of two who works as an mortgage advisor, regardless, even if both added mods like for like

I also doubt that's the case re painted / changing alloys, I expect they view background - more and more insurers are asking on their forms if you have children / dependants, as well as age, job, gender, and so on.

A 17yr old lad on benefits with no children is hardly going to be looked at the same as a 32yr old mother of two who works as an mortgage advisor, regardless, even if both added mods like for like

Sure I read somewhere or watched something that said the part of the brain which can deal with driving inputs and make good decisions isn't fully developed until 24.

My mums been driving 30+ years, has had two claims in the past year (one non fault, one fault as the other car didnt leave details), and her insurance is £180ish if not lower.

Mine is £500 odd with 5 years ncb, inflated due to age, job, and where I live (near a blackspot). If I move back to my parents it'd drop to £350ish.

What's laughable (although I can kind of understand) is that leaving it parked on the road makes it £15 or so cheaper than saying that I park it in the off street car park... Surely it's more likely to get damaged on the road with cars going past!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Ford OC mobile app

Window tinting is as standard on the car though :blink:

I also doubt that's the case re painted / changing alloys, I expect they view background - more and more insurers are asking on their forms if you have children / dependants, as well as age, job, gender, postcode, and so on.

Re window tinting, I suppose if the car comes with the tint then it's sort of inc in the quote, if you get your windows tinted then it becomes an extra for which I can see why they'd increase premiums (same car you're used to driving but now with reduced vis).... Either way, they try and screw you... As a 'company director' I don't think I get anything...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club