Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Issue With Shade / Curtain Under The Panoramic Rooftop Screen

stefanos

I am owing a Ford C-Max 2011 which amongst the other extras has a panoramic rooftop.

This is not very common in Greece and there is not much experience when problems develop.

Under the panoramic rooftop there is a curtain / shade which is electrically operated to open and close.

My one without any particular reason or previous fault has opened and now is stuck in open position without moving in any direction.

The motor is good but unable to move the shade in any way.

Spoken to local Ford dealer who concluded that the whole system needs to be replaced and the cost for such repair has many zeros into it !!! and the car possibly has to be shipped to the factory for such major fix.

Has anyone ever experienced such problem?

Is there anyway to operate the shade / curtain manually and possibly close it without fixing it ?

Is it logical such an expensive "gadget" to fail in just 4 years time with a usage that is considered "light" ?

Your in input is really appreciated.

have you tried to lubricate the running rails?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club