Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Mpg On The Screen Shows Silly Readings!

Stas

Hello

I just bought a Focus 1.8tdi zetec climate 2008 as my first car.

I did not know what to look for when checking in.

Engine sounded ok.

Al though it is not responding to the acseleration pedal straight away but a moment later. Is this normal?

Also when I am driving the mpg readings starts to jump from 12 to 99.9 mpg in a mater of few seconds.

Example: in 2nd gear doing 5-12 mph. It shows 12 mpg then goes 34, 45 , 72' 64' 99'9 , 50 an so on .

I was not checking in the higher gear at higher speed yet.

Could it be a computer problem?

Thanks

Sorry about speaking or funny way of choosing words. English not my first language

Sounds like you're looking at the instantaneous reading? When you take your foot off the accelerator pedal whilst moving the MPG reading will jump up to 99mpg.

You need to find the mpg Ø (one setting before/after the instant mpg).

Also to get a true reading you want to reset the the average mpg average speed and trip mileage to get a more accurate reading after every fill up

It is not responding to the acceleration pedal straight away but a moment later. Is this normal?

That doesn't sound normal to me. Our 2003 1.8Tdci responds immediately. How long is the delay between pressing the pedal and the engine responding?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club