Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Dirty Was You Egr

mastiff

Just cleaned out my egr. Wow it was dirty. I think i need to do a few more miles so the computer can get used to the new improved flow. So I was thinking if we post pics of how dirty our egr were it might encourage people to clean theirs.

Hello this may sound like a stupid question, does it cause any problems if you blank it off? I have had my car for 2 years now and haven't cleaned it, what's the best thing to clean it with?

Chris

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

I used carb cleaner. Get 2 cans though just to be on the safe side.

worst side effect might be the presence of the engine management light.

Blanking a Euro 3 ( vacuum operated ) E.G.R.V. shouldn't illuminate the E.M.L. - the E.G.R.V. on my MK 3 ST was remarkably clean @ 39,000 miles when I removed it & replaced it with a bypass kit

185000 pm my mk3 still relatively clean, motorway miles helped

OK silly quest time.

What is the best way and how do you remove ? Do you need any special tools and is it easy to remove or fiddly so n so?

59 with 55,000 on clock is it worth cleaning?

All you need us to buy an egr blanking plate off eBay for around a fiver (stainless steel) and fit it as all you need is a basic socket set it spanner. On any mk4 diesel over 1.8 the eml light will likely come on but will go out eventually (could be months though ) but it will help with keeping the car in better health

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club