Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sony Head Unit Cutting Out. Electrical?

Danjo

Hey all,

My new 2005 mk2 focus has been great so far, but I've been having an issue with the stereo. (Sony CD, not 6CD). Since I've had it the CDs have been skipping more than I would expect them too. Its not always with bumps, its with braking, or changing up / down gears. I had put it down to the CD player being a bit old and skipping but I've found today that its doing it with the AUX connection too.

Sometimes it straight cuts out for a second or so, other times I get loud electrical sounding glitch noise, like a brief trip into a dial up modem. It happens quite frequently, sometimes on its own but often when i down shift or there is electrical activity.

I've also noticed that while the display dimming works with the interior lights dimming dial, it sometimes flashes and flickers to higher or lower brightnesses.

To me this sounds electrical, but I dont know if its a problem with the whole car, or just an issue with the head unit.

Anyone got any advice or had a similar experience.

As an addition. The car had a new alternator a few weeks ago. I dont know if the problems were there before that as it was new in when I bought it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club