Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alarm Keeps Going Off

Cat11pillar

Ok only had the car a few days and already got an issue with the alarm going off. From reading it seems a common issue due to water ingress. Thats probably the issue since its been raining over night.

So what I cant find is how to fix this? I believe you will need to replace the horn at only main dealers? How much will that cost. I have an AA warranty so not sure that will cover it. If not I might give the dealer a call but wanted an idea on cost first. Thanks

where did you buy the car from (private or trade?)

if the alarm is going off, I suspect it is something more like a bad switch causing the car to think its been interfered with!

Or faulty interior motion sensor. Normally when the alarm horn plays up it , coinsides with front wipers operating with ign off.

Is there an option to disable motion sensors in the intrument display before arming alarm. See if that stops alarm going off?

Brought it trade.

The wife said the boot open sign came up when she started the car this morning so that might explain it! I hope so but will keep an eye out.

Do you know if the common alarm issue to due water ingress was sorted in the 2011 model or does this still impact the latest models? Thanks

Only saw 2006-2009 approx with that issue, they must have improved the connector waterproofing after that

If you bought it trade mate (either a trader, garage or dealer) then the answer is to take it back to them.

Check my signature "Dealers minimum obligations".

Basically they need to sort it for you :)

OK thanks for the responses guy.

Hopefully it was just as a result of the kids pressing the fob and opening the boot. It was raining and windy last night so that could be the reason it went off.

Yeh if it continues then I will get the garage to sort it. They gave me an AA Gold warranty but I know how the warranty companies like to get out repairs! :angry:

Yeh that's why you take it up with the garage because if the warranty is wriggled out of the garage then picks up the tab :-)

iirc under the soga you have 28 days to notify the garage of any defects,and THEY have to sort it out.without them refering to the warranty.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club