Do Not Sell My Personal Information

16" Titanium alloy tyres do NOT like kerbs!

abx

Sorry, but there's absolutely no way, at all, that I'd drive on a tyre in that condition! I know that a new tyre will be expensive, but just think about a potential blow out at 70MPH in the outside lane of a wet motorway... The Titanium tyres are quite "low profile", this is probably why yours has suffered so much damage.

Well put - and if not for your own safety then for those in the other cars that you might hit

Well put - and if not for your own safety then for those in the other cars that you might hit

Already been advised by 2 different garages that it's absolutely fine otherwise I would have got it done there and then.

I drove the 250 miles back up to Scotland after.

I certainly wouldnt be risking my life or any others for the sake of £118.

pretty sure that would be an mot failure aswell. if you were to have an accident and the insurance company investigated your insurance would be null and void.

obviously the choice is yours to replace it or not but id take the advice and replace it whether the car is 1 month old or not. the tyre has maybe done 250 miles since you damaged it but it may well be very weak.

The tyre is your only contact with the road. You cannot afford to risk anything, surely safety is of paramount concern here. £118 is not that much when you think about it, especially where lifes are at risk.

I am very surprised that 2 tyre dealers have told you that tyre is ok!

If nothing else - water can now seep into the tyre where it is damaged and possibly cause it to delaminate . That is also a reason for getting a slow puncture repaired as soon as possible as water gets into the fabric of the tyre and starts to damage its structure!

At the end of the day its up to you what you decide, we cannot make you do anything. I just hope you reconsider and possibly go to the AA or RAC to get a third opinion!

The tyre is your only contact with the road. You cannot afford to risk anything, surely safety is of paramount concern here. £118 is not that much when you think about it, especially where lifes are at risk.

I am very surprised that 2 tyre dealers have told you that tyre is ok!

If nothing else - water can now seep into the tyre where it is damaged and possibly cause it to delaminate . That is also a reason for getting a slow puncture repaired as soon as possible as water gets into the fabric of the tyre and starts to damage its structure!

At the end of the day its up to you what you decide, we cannot make you do anything. I just hope you reconsider and possibly go to the AA or RAC to get a third opinion!

Yeap, totally agree, spend the money on decent rubber as it IS the ONLY thing that is touching the road at the end of the day. And it's not a lot that touch's either.

Gotta say I would replace it too, small price to pay for peace of mind, I think, rather than potentially risk doing damage to your car or to others', like others have stated, should you sustain a blow out.

Already been advised by 2 different garages that it's absolutely fine otherwise I would have got it done there and then.

I drove the 250 miles back up to Scotland after.

If it's only the rim protector that has been damagd then there's nothing to worry about. The pic has gone now so can't see for myself.

Let's be honest, tyre places are reknowned for making up excuses to replace a tyre, brake pads etc etc, so if they thought it was anywhere near a replacement needed, they would have advised you, no, in fact they would have demanded you replace it.

P1020933.jpg

nah, they're 15"!

They are definetely 14" as the outer diameter of the wheel is not what is used to determine the official size of the wheel. The outer diameter is always larger than the official size of the wheel. My 17" alloys measure 18" across the outside. There is an explanation for this but it would take too long!

They are indeed 14s - I've just checked my old Ka brochure. Sorry zetec-x!

Mike, the tyres you need are 165/60 R14.

My Ka originally had Continentals on it when I purchased it.

Thanks guys! i have been proven wrong, they are 14"'s! been to kwik fit with one of them today and they said they would do them for £170 for all four of them which isn't too bad

Thanks guys! i have been proven wrong, they are 14"'s! been to kwik fit with one of them today and they said they would do them for £170 for all four of them which isn't too bad

More money you haven't got :lol:

kwik fit's budget tyres, not bothered which ones. to get the mid range tyres it would cost around £220.

and i will have it!

To revert back to the threads original topic...

Let's be honest, tyre places are reknowned for making up excuses to replace a tyre, brake pads etc etc, so if they thought it was anywhere near a replacement needed, they would have advised you, no, in fact they would have demanded you replace it.

The man raises a good point!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club