Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gutted Dpf

mudman

I've gutted the dpf as the !Removed! was the culprit for killing my turbo, I've done 100 miles or so sins the overhaul without having the ecu remapped with no problems at all an it's great to see my average mpg go up an up, I was under the impression the car will go in to limp mode when the dpf is removed should it an will it ?

i think you need to remap to remove the DPF regeneration from the ECU, it will still attempt to regenerate thinking the DPF internals are there

But wouldn't it only regen when it feels pressure / dpf clogging up ?

That's interesting, it should be throwing a fault code at least. Have you only driven it gently so far or given it some stick?

Also no, it should regen every ~500 miles as a failsafe regardless of pressure.

From what I understand it wont throw a code till it tries to regen then you'll get the problems hence why they reprogramme the ecu to bypass the regen process and remove the eloys top up fault its not as simple as gut it and everything will be fine

Ive put my foot down a couple of times but Mainly gently driving an went on the motorway last night only a couple of junctions

Ok, fair.

It should have thrown a code when it sees 0kPa pressure difference under load but it might be a 'silent' fault (no EML).

Arthur may well be correct that you only start seeing problems when it attempts a regen, not sure.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club