Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Window Screen Sensors

Suzierabbit

I have just bought a ford fiesta zetec econetic tdci 2014 and I have noticed built into the rear view mirror casing there are what look like sensors and also on the dashboard there is a small ball. I have looked throughout my manual and there is nothing in there about these. The salesman at the Ford showroom had no idea also. I believe they might have something to do with automatic headlights/window screen wipers. Can anyone help?

Is there an Auto setting on the headlight switch? Have you tried the first position on the windscreen wipers to see if they wipe on intermittent or require water on the screen?

Hi, on the back of the mirrow case is a light filter and on the front mirror bit its self is a sensor, these are for the automatic lights and the anti glare features. If you then look from the outside through the screen at the rearview mirror holder you will also see another sensor for the automatic wipers.

Hope this helps.

Great salesman who doesn't know about the car he's selling. I did sales for a while( I had been in the Electronic Security industry for a long time, hated every minute but wanted to give it a try and I made sure I knew as much as I could about the products)

I seem to recall that the 'ball' on the dash is something to do wiith climate control. I'm not definite about that...but then again I'm not trying to sell a very expensive piece of kit!

the ball on dash is the sun load sensor , thats for the air con.

if you do have autowipers and autolights , then there is 1 sensor fitted that does both functions, and that located below mirror attatched to the screen

• 2 weeks later...

The ball is the sensor for the auto temperature on the climate control as Ian said

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club