Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.6 Zetec S Drive/ Auxiliary Belt.

Jones93

Hello

I have just bought my zetec s this weekend and unfortunately my auxiliary belt is now around 2mm thick :/

I was wondering if anyone could give me a heads up or if they have any haynes style instructions,this would be brilliant. It is the front belt ie, around alternator and the water pump and another pulley.

Any advice? Is the 1.6 engine the same as in the focus?

Many thanks

Steve

ah, right they are stretchy belts, have you got air con, 2 belts if you have..old belts you just cut off, new belt you have to wind on normally with special tools that make fitting easier. you can get them on without tools but potentailly you can damage new belt putting it on

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Ford_Fiesta_1.6_2007/p/car-parts/engine-parts/belts-chains-and-tensioners/car-drive-belt/?202777435&1&22a8662c66945375a40bfe113f0c0ad9bddc4f6f&000108

The diagram of the belts is one there and that is the belt I have bought, am I best of getting the two belts kit? and yes it has Ac

thanks

yep, that loks like them, 2 belts required unless your just replacing the outer ps belt, inner one requires the outer one cut off

if you see the other more expensive belts you will see the special tools are included

Its the inner longer one that needs replacing, the kit it is then! Do you know of any guides to make the installation clearer eg which is the tensioner etc? or is it as simple as cut the old ones of and stretch the other two over? and thanks for your help I appreciate it mate

there is no tensioner, thats what stretchy belts replace, the tools help the belt over the crank pulley without damaging new belt ribs

Thank you very much for your help, just to confirm its a straight swap, just use the tools provided to stretch over the pulleys no other tools needed?

nope, thats it ,apart from a spanner on the crank pulley bolt to turn pulley as you fit belt,with the kit with tools i would have thought you get instructions, know the ford belt kit did do, ford kit is about £32

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club