Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Paint Issue

candyredfocus

Paint is coming off my new Ford Focus (2014 plate) in 4 areas of the chassis around the boot due to a manufacturing issue when it was originally painted. I contacted Ford in February 2015 and they said I must go back to the dealership.

The dealership have tried respraying one area, but this has not resolved the issue, and further areas of paint have begun flaking in the same manner. They left overspray all over the roof. The dealership's response is to continually respray all affected areas, which seems impractical as a new area is flaking pretty much every week.

Ford have now said "Unfortunately, we can have no more involvement with this, and we would advise that you continue to liaise with the dealership directly.".

Has anyone else seen this problem? How was it resolved? Are there any TSBs for this issue?

Does anyone know how to escalate complaints with Ford, or how to speak to someone above customer services?

Thank you

post-65477-0-31480600-1431367446_thumb.j

post-65477-0-54415800-1431367493_thumb.j

I would drop them an email stating you are not happy with the response you have been given and if they continue with the nothing we can do attitude then you are going to post it on every social media site and also contact Watchdog as they will be very interested in such a big company washing their hands of you!

Good luck the focus has had issues since 1998 and ford haven't resolved any of them with any mk as said the issue is with the paint process if its happening on the boot it will happen in other areas so really a full respray would be the obvious choice or ford extending you're paint warranty which they wont do.

Paint shouldn't flake if the area is properly prepared which should be fully stripped sanded prepped and primed etc just touching it up wont solve the issue.contact ford direct and speak to them tell them its not acceptable and you want the whole area done and the roof repaired

that is shocking!

I'd deffo take pics and post it on all the media sites and also get in touch with watchdog/trading standards etc

doesnt the car comes with some sort of paint warranty?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club