Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mileage when buying new

TonyEssex

Hi all, interested to see what mileage your cars had on them when you picked up your new mk7 fiestas.

When I bought a new focus (factory build) it had 12 miles on it.

In america if it has more than 300 miles on it the car is not classed as new.

Now I know they need to do some tests on the car before handing the car over plus driving it from the factory to the transporters.

So curious to find out what the average mileage is and what is not acceptable.

Thanks

Mine had 32miles on the clock.....but tbh i didn't know what to expect as i'd never bought a brand new car before lol

Mine had 13 miles when I collected it. I know someone on here had around 70 miles when they got theirs but it was delivered to them, I think

Mine had 32miles on the clock.....but tbh i didn't know what to expect as i'd never bought a brand new car before lol

did you question why it had 32 miles on the clock? was there any paperwork to say that it was delivered from the factory with 32 miles on it?

have heard reports where dealerships lend out new cars to staff to borrow until the buyer picks the car up :angry:

Hopefully be able to tell you next week when I take delivery . .

Mine had 4! then within 48hours it had just over 400 whooopsss hehe I took my car straight to dover and over to belgium for a booze cruise

My dealer did nick it for a bit, but drove everywhere backwards so as to not clock it up...

:lol: :P

As I remember it was 7km, that`s cca 4 miles?

Mine had 66 miles.. maybe thats why I've had so much bad lucky recently :P

There are number of things that may put mileage on a undelivered car.

1.Ford dealers ofter lend car to prospective purchasers for a test drive.

2.Cars are sometimes driven between different dealers for a particular customer.

3.Cars which have problems during the PDI may have to be driven on the road for test.

4.Sales staff are known to drive cars home for lunch or other non business matters.

However, none of these things really matter because should the mileage creep up too much it's so easy to reset to what ever value is necessary to keep the punter happy.

There are number of things that may put mileage on a undelivered car.

1.Ford dealers ofter lend car to prospective purchasers for a test drive.

2.Cars are sometimes driven between different dealers for a particular customer.

3.Cars which have problems during the PDI may have to be driven on the road for test.

4.Sales staff are known to drive cars home for lunch or other non business matters.

However, none of these things really matter because should the mileage creep up too much it's so easy to reset to what ever value is necessary to keep the punter happy.

I think its more the worry about how it was driven, not how far

I think its more the worry about how it was driven, not how far

Totally agree with this statement.

We all have had new vehicles with trade plates on driven past us on motor ways at well over the limit. I know speed in it's self is not the damaging factor but it shows a complete disrespect for some one else's to be property.

I have long held the view that all new car deliveries should be performance restricted until handed over to the new owner.

mine had 4 miles......then 1000+ by the end of the first week.

Can't remember how many miles exact, maybe around 20 odds. Our Dealer sourced our car from Northern Ireland for us, to cut our wait time down! :-)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club