Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Power Steering Fluid

Syan

Hello,

As far as I know, the power steering fluid should be Pink, yet my Ford Ka (2006) has a clear fluid.

Also when turning the wheel to the end, it is making a mechanical grinding noise, but only when the wheel is turned fully.

Any ideas?

souds like the car is fine. on full lock if mechanical power steering they all make the same noise so thats fine. on the fluid that sound ok as you can get red / orange/clear fluid. the colour does change with age as the colour does not indicate the condition of the fluid

clear fluid is fine as my daughters has clear fluid in her ka

if your not happy then drain it out & get some new oil from fords as you dont relly know how long its been in there

if it smells like it's burnt change it or atleast have it checked

Thanks for the info! :D

Will have it checked out.

if you only just got the car i would have the brake fluid changed at the same time as having the power steerig fluid done

Halfords are good and about the going rate for price and they do a thourough job and do not use cheap parts either. phone Halfords or pop in to see if they have any deals going or check online.

http://www.halfordsautocentres.com/car-servicing?gclid=CNuGmsXCmMYCFYvpwgodrzsA-g

if you can do it yourself or with a friends help you will save quite i bit of cash or just ask Halfords for a price for the work you want doing

• 4 years later...

Anyone know where the steering power fluid tank is on a Ford ka 2009? And can i easely refill my self? Suddenly got the power steering light on the dash board and the wheel is heavy to turn.. 

1 hour ago, Nicolay said:

Anyone know where the steering power fluid tank is on a Ford ka 2009? And can i easely refill my self? Suddenly got the power steering light on the dash board and the wheel is heavy to turn.. 

It'll be electric on a 2009 Ka (Fiat 500), so no fluid.  You'll need to have it plugged in to see what the problem is.  Unless you've got a low battery as that can also stop the EPAS working.

• 3 years later...
On 12/4/2019 at 9:12 AM, TomsFocus said:

It'll be electric on a 2009 Ka (Fiat 500), so no fluid.  You'll need to have it plugged in to see what the problem is.  Unless you've got a low battery as that can also stop the EPAS working.

I have just acquired ford KA style, i had red triangle come on power steering when't stiff, when't in shop got some power steering fluid for 2009 KA power steering ok,  I just got owners manual doesn]t show power steering reservoir, has a yellow cap on RH side of engine, in handbook  it says brake clutch. hoping i haven't filled it with wrong fluid

Thought 2009 Ford Ka has EPAS steering ?

1 minute ago, unofix said:

The 2009 Ford Ka has EPAS steering.

I Havent got the full log book yet so could it be 2008

2 hours ago, karman said:

I have just acquired ford KA style, i had red triangle come on power steering when't stiff, when't in shop got some power steering fluid for 2009 KA power steering ok,  I just got owners manual doesn]t show power steering reservoir, has a yellow cap on RH side of engine, in handbook  it says brake clutch. hoping i haven't filled it with wrong fluid

It'll be easiest if you can just post a picture of the bottle you put the fluid in.

What colour was the fluid already in the reservoir?  Brake fluid is pale yellow.  PAS fluid is red or green.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club