Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dab Radio Not Working Correctly

canadianbill

Hello there,

I purchased my Fiesta not even a year ago and the DAB radio that we got as an option seems to work only part of the time. It gets stations and I can add and delete channels but often when I am driving just in the local area the sound will go and it will say NO SIG (implying no signal) but I know that there is a signal there, as other times I will drive through the same areas and there will be a signal. It's really frustrating driving long distances and the DAB just goes dead for erratic periods of time. I try other channels and they also have NO SIG then suddenly it will play again.

Is this something with the connection, the antenna, the firmware? Any thoughts? Would it make sense to have Ford take a look into it? I feel like there is some loose connection somewhere.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,

Bill

The DAB has been rubbish in my car recently, keeps loosing signal especially on BBC stations.

I heard someone say it was down to the atmospherics lately.

Does yours loose signal for long?

I think its all down to location. Where i live the dab will stay on 24/7 but when i drive 20 miles away to work its very hit and miss it usually goes off for about 5 seconds then comes back on.

I'm not using the DAB on mine at the moment, as I think that the sound on Analogue FM is much richer and clearer. I just P/X'd a 58 plate Renault Clio Dynamique as a deposit on a Fiesta MK 7 Titanium (with a few extras on it). The radio on the Clio was utter garbage and would lose it's signal at the drop of a hat.

The signal in the Fiesta works fine in the areas that the Clio didn't. I believe that DAB radio in general is extremely volatile to interference, even the one in our kitchen goes off when the fridge door is opened.

I have never seen a 'NO SIG' message on my Sony DAB radio. When my DAB looses reception, it automatically changes back to the same FM radio station (if there is). You could try to enable this option in your menu.

Loosing reception is the most common problem, but it could also be a problem in your wiring (very unlikely), a problem with the tuner, or a broken amplifier (it is not an amplifier, but I don't now the right name) in the back of your car. This amplifier is a little green box on the right side behind the side trim. I've have never heard of a broken one, but it can always happen.

Thanks for the feedback. Yes it normally loses connectivity for about 5 minutes or so. Sometimes even in the same area, which is frustrating. Considering all the feedback I guess this is more common than I thought. Odd thing is I feel like when I first had the car it did not do so.

Occasionally when I use my phone through SYNC the sound of it sounds a bit like being underwater. Wonder if there is some link to the DAB and my phone not being clear.

Thanks for the feedback. Yes it normally loses connectivity for about 5 minutes or so. Sometimes even in the same area, which is frustrating. Considering all the feedback I guess this is more common than I thought. Odd thing is I feel like when I first had the car it did not do so.

Occasionally when I use my phone through SYNC the sound of it sounds a bit like being underwater. Wonder if there is some link to the DAB and my phone not being clear.

So far, I have only heard this 'underwater' sound on my DAB in the house. It could be interference from something.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club