Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Installing Mk2.5 Stereo

IINexusII

Hi. I'm in the process of converting the mk2 stereo to the mk2.5 but I seem to have an issue. My car doesn't have the holes for the mounting brackets. Is this normal? Do I need to manually drill the holes?

Thanks

post-39336-0-57627200-1438713492_thumb.j

They don't all have the holes unfortunately.

I'd offer the brackets up to the radio front frame so you know which positions to drill the holes (you only need one at each corner).

If you are using self tapping screws I'd make the holes slightly smaller so they have plenty to bite into.

Have you seen my radio fitting guide available via my link under my posts when viewed on a PC?

There is one picture that is marked to show hole positioning.

Yes stoney that's the guide I'm using for this :) thanks I'll get the holes drilled out

• Like 1

I think you may have to drill another hole each side for the 'duck bill' clips on the rear of the brackets as well.

Or you can tape the brackets with doulbe-sided tape like I did :D ...it holds pretty well, though I did have to drill the holes for stereo holding screws, which hold the whole thing together...not to mention, the plastic trim which holds pretty damn well clipped on top of it :)

• Like 1

thanks, i ended up breaking off the rear duck clips and sticking it on with double sided tape, held really well.

i seem to have blown the rear Speakers or something as i instaled the head unit though (android).. reinstalled the original sony square one and didnt seem to play out the rear anymore aswell. Other than that everything else runs fine :)

post-39336-0-28455400-1438865005_thumb.j

thanks for all your help guys

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club