Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Opinions On Focus 1.8 Tdci

Dave_TDCI

Nice motor, could do with zetec s diffuser or st rear bumper which will finish back bumper of nicely +st spoiler. I reccommend gettting it terracleaned just had my 1.8 tdci done today and stuck egr blank in and picks up loads better and goes like a bullet

I heard about Terraclean vaguely. Is it DPF and EGR cleaning without the need to actually remove the parts? Was it just the EGR valve you got done man? And what type of pricing is it?

costs around £100 and it goes through the entire system, they replace the fuel with their product and it runs through everything out the exhaust

http://www.terraclean.co.uk/

I like the concept of Terraclean - however I'm dubious about claims that it cleans the DPF as I expect that most of it is combusted prior to reaching the DPF

I am aware of very expensive professional DPF cleaning products which are chemically modified so that the active cleaner remains largely intact after combustion & therefore can have the desired DPF cleaning effect

Cost me £108 and cleans everything,such a great thing to have done,brings ya car back to life and mpg is outstanding

'' Terraclean removes MOST deposits from your engine '' - Terraclean website

I'm unconvinced about it's ability to clean the DPF though & I'm happy to stand corrected :)

I stand corrected - it does clean the DPF according to their website :)

Will find out about the dpf if cleans or not

According to their website terracleaning does clean the DPF - as I stated earlier

Hi it can help to keep it clean but the system regenerates itself on a regular basis to keep itself clean.

If the dpf gets blocked it is usually because of a faulty component or short journeys.

Just had reply back of guy who done my terraclean

• Like 1

Short journeys are the bane of a diesel engine's life

The problem is that too many diesel owners only do short, low engine rev journeys & passive or active regeneration of the dpf does not occur

• 7 years later...

I have 1.8 tdci 09 plate had my alternator changed .turbo was playing up added cleaner was ok but recently engine management came on then abs  light but abs goes off I switch ignition off then comes back on then car sounds awful I was told turbo actuator anyone else had this problem 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club