Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engines??

jace1969

I would look at the Ecoboost down the line,say the 125ps one,i have the Ti-vct 1.6 now and cracking

thing with a bit of punch,petrol is not bad for a 1.6 either.

Question is,are these tried and tested and i mean wear and tear and road use not ''what a book says''

Mate has the Focus one and had a go and spot on,shocked me a lot.

It just makes me think a 3 cylinder engine been pushed by a turbo and only 1 litre.

Like a 100k or more one and any problems etc,still will look at one later but curious.

Mine is now mountuned to 165bhp and love it. Not much on the net about problems but it's only been 3 years since the 3 pot came into our lives.

The autos seem to have suffered clutch problems.

• Like 1

I will look at one for my next up-grade from mine when i want a newer reg car.

As you said so new.

Every car/engine have the faults but just wanted to see what a high millage one would start having a few faults.

If any as we all look at problems before we buy.

Cheers for that,got a few know then and so new.

Mine runs like a dream at the moment and not the Ecoboost

but was just seeing if any people have done loads of miles

and if things pop up on the engine side being a small engine,this is looking at the 125ps

Like on that site,very hot turbo just for one thing,just very curious on these little 3 cylinder engines with a turbo on.

I see a few with 70k+ and 2 with 100k+ all of them drive and sound,feel like a 10k ecoboost.

• Like 2

As with all engines longevity depends on how they are driven & far more importantly how they are serviced / maintained - the '' best '' engine won't last long if it is mistreated, as always, regular high quality air & oil & oil filter changes & quality fuel are the sustenance of any engine.

Moreso with diesels.

• Like 1

As with all engines longevity depends on how they are driven & far more importantly how they are serviced / maintained - the '' best '' engine won't last long if it is mistreated, as always, regular high quality air & oil & oil filter changes & quality fuel are the sustenance of any engine.

Moreso with diesels.

Yes i do see your point on service side and stuff.

I'm over the top on service side of stuff,not read a lot on here with problems.

The 125ps seems the main one that a lot have even in the focus.

The 1.0 125 engine is brilliant, everybody who gets in my car comments on how they don't believe the engine size, it's much better than I expected.

The 1.0 125 engine is brilliant, everybody who gets in my car comments on how they don't believe the engine size, it's much better than I expected.

Yes mate i will 100% agree but its not now its when been used a lot with a good amount of miles.

Being so new you can't read a lot up on them,i was just looking into how a 1.0 engine with 3 cylinders holds up

being pushed by a turbo.

I might me wrong so don't quote me on this,would it be the same as over-clocking say a p.c as you pushing it more

so through time something will give.

If you take the turbo off it would it just be a slow 1.0L car with 3 pots,please :)

Years ago Poxhall made a 3 pot 999 cc n/a Corsa ( pardon my language ) & although it was economical it was gutless even when new, so yes a 3 pot 999 cc non turbo engine is generally not a good idea, apart from the economy

• Like 1

I know a freimd that works for a dealership that is now selling there beloved 1.0 ecoboost work car .....runs smoothly and it has done 80k miles! Not one issue with it half the driving was up n down country roads lol so there pretty reliable :P

Really good engine a know someone with blufin and has done 60kish with that on and runs like a dream lol

Years ago Poxhall made a 3 pot 999 cc n/a Corsa ( pardon my language ) & although it was economical it was gutless even when new, so yes a 3 pot 999 cc non turbo engine is generally not a good idea, apart from the economy

having driven that car many times completely agree. you press the accelerator hard to the floor and wait an age for something to happen. the difference between that engine and the ecoboost really is night and day

Be good to try a Ecoboost with no turbo lol.

Good to hear some 70k + cars about and no problems.

You know,got to iron out the faults if any as thing is new so they have no idea

whats going to go on through wear and we don't all drive in the same way.

An 999 cc 3 pot ecoboost with no turbo couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding - as Poxhall proved years ago with their dreadful 999 cc 3 pot n/a C*rsa

• Like 2

An 999 cc 3 pot ecoboost with no turbo couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding - as Poxhall proved years ago with their dreadful 999 cc 3 pot n/a C*rsa

LOL :)

So would the 1.6 with no turbo be like mine being then a normal 1.6 as mine is the Ti-vct. 1.6

Be good to try a Ecoboost with no turbo lol.

Good to hear some 70k + cars about and no problems.

You know,got to iron out the faults if any as thing is new so they have no idea

whats going to go on through wear and we don't all drive in the same way.

Ive driven the non turbo 3 pot fiesta, not that bad actually as a town car, not a car to overtake in at higher speeds.

Probably perfect for town use where one never exceeds 30mph . . . :)

So the bottom line is what makes the 1.0L so good and nippy comes down to the turbo.

As people say,take it off and very slow and would say the m.p.g would go up pulling the car with a small engine.

Been in a few 1.0L cars and there so slow.

Dam good idea as it's same hp as a 1.6 and just with 1 main thing added.

Must be a solid engine being going back if you went mad in a 1.0L car it would just pop or blow something and smoke everywhere.

Non turbo is still 80ps, so not bad for 3pot 1 litre

Before my 125ps ecoboost i had a 1L 4 cylinder yaris and then a 1L 3 cylinder yaris. Safe to say they both had nothing on the fiesta in terms of performance but were also like the fiesta an award winning engine for the under 1000CC group.

http://www.ukipme.com/engineoftheyear/archive.php

The 4 cylinder was only a little quicker off the line because the older body was lighter, the big difference was MPG as the 3 pot yaris got me 52MPG every trip in all conditions the 4 pot was more along the lines of 42MPG. You couldn't really overtake in either of them with just 65HP or something like that while the fiesta is a comfy overtaking car in most circumstances.

in both cases though i had to get rid of them because they would overheat on a long drive up north beacuse you were asking for full power so much and so often. THe 4 cylinder would get to the point of smelling hot but the 3 cylinder boiled over completely if that gives you some comparison to the issues.

I suppose in the long term the main concern would be the turbo going pop. They aren't cheap to replace,

My only concern with these engines is when the cambelt needs replacing it's meant to be a bit of a pig of a job. Technition at fords said get rid before 120,000 because it's a bit pricey job but to be honist if I still had the car by then and it was reliable I would pay and get it done. And also turbo cars have been around 4 ages so I don't worry about these engines at all,with this engine I ain't got to push it that hard unlike some other cars I had.

My only concern with these engines is when the cambelt needs replacing it's meant to be a bit of a pig of a job. Technition at fords said get rid before 120,000 because it's a bit pricey job but to be honist if I still had the car by then and it was reliable I would pay and get it done. And also turbo cars have been around 4 ages so I don't worry about these engines at all,with this engine I ain't got to push it that hard unlike some other cars I had.

change interval is 150k or 10 yrs

7hrs labour!! plus parts. still dont mind paying for it to be done? :)

I know it's 150.000 that's why he said get rid of 120.000 and if the car proves reliable then Yeh I would pay. I would rather pay say 900 pound to keep a good reliable car on the road then say pay 2000 for a secondhand car u don't know and could be a money pit.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club