Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone Seen This Filter Before?

Jeremyc

Anyone seen this filter before?

Looks pretty cool and is not badly priced in my opinion when compared to my current green air filter.

http://www.european-parts.net/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1610

Thoughts?

looks good mate,

Not a bad price neither, could always fit the K&N E-9289 filter when that one expires too.

I've fitted K&N57s was worth every penny

438642-300x274_zpswk73ggp7.jpg

IMG_20150801_110753_zpswxpkq4ym.jpg

IMG_20150801_112122_zpsxd2t7fjw.jpg

IMG_20150801_110101_zpsgi8irykn.jpg

• Like 1

I'm thinking it may perform better than most due to the way its designed and I may get it and do a full review. It definitely looks the part! Pretty cool how you can remove the cap for it to be louder or quieter which some users on this forum I know don't want. I'd keep mine off though ;)

• Like 1

I'm thinking it may perform better than most due to the way its designed and I may get it and do a full review. It definitely looks the part! Pretty cool how you can remove the cap for it to be louder or quieter which some users on this forum I know don't want. I'd keep mine off though ;)

the side port definitely does give more performance by sucking in cold air from behind the headlight.

it will definitely give better performance and mpg when driven easy.

• Like 1

I noticed on this jetstream it has a smooth split intake to channel the air into the filter unlike on yours and my current green filter it has some ribs on it (the pipe bit which puts air into the filter) and I think perhaps this could cause a bottleneck and maybe this filter eliminates that

jetstream_filter_3.jpg

• Like 1

I noticed on this jetstream it has a smooth split intake to channel the air into the filter unlike on yours and my current green filter it has some ribs on it (the pipe bit which puts air into the filter) and I think perhaps this could cause a bottleneck and maybe this filter eliminates that

the smooth snorkle would be better than the factory ribbed version when the side induction is capped/blanked

However I don't think the snorkle has much of a part to play when the side induction port is open as almost all vacuum will be drawn directly through the side as it's shortest route.

• Like 1

the smooth snorkle would be better than the factory ribbed version when the side induction is capped/blanked

However I don't think the snorkle has much of a part to play when the side induction port is open as almost all vacuum will be drawn directly through the side as it's shortest route.

I agree with that but I think if you're driving it will force more air into the filter as it is channeled directly into the filter? Or is that wrong

• Like 1

I agree with that but I think if you're driving it will force more air into the filter as it is channeled directly into the filter? Or is that wrong

dunno

I'll put mine on dyno and hold a 50 note over the snorkle see if it takes it 😀💷💨

• Like 1

dunno

I'll put mine on dyno and hold a 50 note over the snorkle see if it takes it

I wish there was a dyno on the isle of man i'd be there every weekend :D. How much do the dyno tests cost anyway for you guys?

I wish there was a dyno on the isle of man i'd be there every weekend :D. How much do the dyno tests cost anyway for you guys?

I was joking don't have dyno neither
  • Like 1

I was joking don't have dyno neither

Hahahaha Lenny I know that if you owned a dyno machine which is like 10k I imagine in your garage i'd be impressed. I was asking about the individual dyno test runs how much they're priced at these days in the UK

• Like 1

Am I being a bit daft here, but does that filter (linked above) actually come with the box or are we just talking about the filter?

perhaps I'm being a bit dense but its not very clear,

• Like 1

Rolling road dyno tests cost me £50 for 2 runs. Did my remapped mondeo few years ago. Did it at 2 different places too. Can't see there being a hike in price since then.

I received my K&N 57S today but very disappointed in the fit of the replacement airborne cover. 3 screws lined up and the 4th was at least 3mm out and the screw wouldn't get near the lug. Fair do's to K&N tho. Sent them my receipt and they're gonna send a new top. New filter don't half increase intake noise. Thought I had a blown exhaust when I started the car lol. Can't tell how it performs as I've not driven a distance with it yet.

• Like 1

Oh Dee. The K&N comes with a replacement top cover of the airborne.

• Like 1

Am I being a bit daft here, but does that filter (linked above) actually come with the box or are we just talking about the filter?

perhaps I'm being a bit dense but its not very clear,

It comes with the whole box and filter hence the price

• Like 1

Am I being a bit daft here, but does that filter (linked above) actually come with the box or are we just talking about the filter?perhaps I'm being a bit dense but its not very clear,

I didn't read it to be honest

Will this fit a mk3.5 st tdci

Jamie

• Like 1

Noticed recently my box had a split where the screwed hold it down so didn't seat properly so just went for this, its not that much more than a box anyway....

least that's what ill tell the other half :D

• Like 2

Noticed recently my box had a split where the screwed hold it down so didn't seat properly so just went for this, its not that much more than a box anyway....

least that's what ill tell the other half :D

Please take LOTS of pictures :D :D and your thoughts on it ect

• Like 2

Just stick a cone filter on and leave the top off [emoji106] I've run mine like this for ages and it's not affected performance and you get the added bonus of really hearing the turbo spool and you get a nice tish when you let off. In my opinion all this rubbish about heat soak etc is a old wives tale and people just jump on the band wagon, I've had loads of high performance petrol cars all running cone filters and never had a loss of performance even though people claimed I would and had a few diesels running good power and used cone filters.

That ramair filter was £20 so if you do notice a lack of power (which you won't) just revert to stock.

c9ed185143c1b95691d32ddf3e7a36a3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Just stick a cone filter on and leave the top off [emoji106] I've run mine like this for ages and it's not affected performance and you get the added bonus of really hearing the turbo spool and you get a nice tish when you let off. In my opinion all this rubbish about heat soak etc is a old wives tale and people just jump on the band wagon, I've had loads of high performance petrol cars all running cone filters and never had a loss of performance even though people claimed I would and had a few diesels running good power and used cone filters.

That ramair filter was £20 so if you do notice a lack of power (which you won't) just revert to stock.

c9ed185143c1b95691d32ddf3e7a36a3.jpg

There is a number of factors at play though. If you're not driving long enough you may not notice heat soak due to constant cool air entering engine while driving. The science is there that cold air is better due to more oxygen per volume because its more dense so its more efficient. The science is there to prove the theory not because its a wife's tail :D. But does heat soak make a noticeable difference who knows without running dyno tests in a controlled temperate environment.

Never had heat soak really? its not an ok wives tale any true tuner will tell you that as they will tell you not to fit cheap nasty foam filters that do little to filter the engine those ram air filters literally fall apart originally designed for motorbikes not cars ... ive had more performance cars than I remember and cone filters always suffered heat soak as they draw in warm air from inside the engine bay this has less air creating a smaller bang which equals less hp in simple terms which Is why people started making ducting from pvc pipe to put the filter as close to the bottom of the engine as possible but the it got wet.... ive had cars that if you sat in traffic the heat soak was so bad that if you put the foot down there would be no power (Nissan pulsar gti) till you got moving .

as said its a proven fact ..

you'll get less as you have the engine cover which channels heat downwards its a diesel which runs cooler and the filter sits behind the rear light. Do a dyno test on the car and ask them to switch the fan off you'll see what heat soak does

• Like 1

I don't for a second believe that the heat soak was that bad you could hardly pull away [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] I've had plenty of big power cars and never had any problems and all my mates are the same so if they do lose performance it must be negligible that you can't tell. When I had a st200 years ago they all got on the bandwagon about how they were terrible for heat soak and really suffered and not once did it lose power, well tuned RS turbo never had a problem, stage 2 octy vrs never had a problem I could go on. Had the same argument on briskoda with people saying don't put a cone on a fabia vrs and I said the same to them and virtually everyone agreed they don't suffer from heat soak except a few who gave the science behind it which I agree with but I think people just exaggerate abit like the pulsar story to put people off. I'd sooner try a £20 cone filter than pay out for the k&n because there's a slim chance you might get heat soak, I'm yet to experience it so until I do which I doubt I'm taking these old wives tales about it with a pinch of salt

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club