Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

17 Days Of Hell

jmurray01

And so they begin.

I get paid on the 27th of every month, and as usual it is three weeks until my next pay day and I've barely got enough money left to put petrol in the tank to get to and from work.

I know if I want to better myself I need to get a better job, but you'd think that you could live somewhat comfortably with ANY job when you work 40 hours a week. It seems you can't!

Maybe I should just go to the doctor, tell him how depressed I am and get on DLA (which I would qualify for) then I would be BETTER OFF every month given that I would never have to drive anywhere thus not incurring fuel or insurance costs. Plus with a better mental state (not working every day) I would drink less alcohol and that would be yet another saving...

Sorry for the moan.

• Like 2

Empathy here for you mate - chin up eh ?

I know the feeling fella! my job role recently changed which means I have to somehow magic up an extra £80 for fuel a month, to do me at least until they get me the expenses.

Sad thing is if you went to benefits you could be better of, which is why I look forward to the living wage coming in, but too many companies want to pay nothing for everything.

I don't presume to know your personal circumstances Jamie - but are you not entitled to any in work benefits or housing benefits or family related benefits - if you are on a low wage ?

Just on a sidenote, much like Mark I agree we certainly dont now your circumstances. If you have debt and find this impacts you frequently, talk to a debt charity like stepchange. I can say from personal experience, it doesnt alleviate all the pain, but it does give you more breathing room and help you to manage things better and more comfortably.

I know the feeling fella! my job role recently changed which means I have to somehow magic up an extra £80 for fuel a month, to do me at least until they get me the expenses.

Sad thing is if you went to benefits you could be better of, which is why I look forward to the living wage coming in, but too many companies want to pay nothing for everything.

The other sad thing is that if the living wage comes in I will lose my job because the only thing keeping "our" office running is the fact that we are cheaper to employ than those down south. If the living wage comes in they can easily take on another 100 employees in their England office and thus render us unemployed.

I can't win!!

that is a bad thing. Might be time to see if there is more out there? if you could do it, it could be worth coming down south, pay can be a lot better!

that is a bad thing. Might be time to see if there is more out there? if you could do it, it could be worth coming down south, pay can be a lot better!

Nah, if I was to leave Scotland it would be for Canada (my "alternative" country).

I need to get myself a qualification that means something and a better job, then I can decide to stay or go!

I'm a proud Scotsman but if I had the money I'd get on a plane and bugger off.

• Like 4

Not wishing to be a doom monger - but housing is also a lot more expensive '' down south '' & I speak from personal experience of being born & bred & living in Surrey for 47 years & then spending 8 years in West Sussex & just over a year now in very good value South Wales - where jobs are rare

I thank God I'm retired.

• Like 3

Couldnt agree with you more on the cost of living. A lot is expensive that's for sure.

As for re-training Jamie, IT and the likes are often a very good alternative. I personally work in the payments industry, you will be surprised at how little you need in the form of qualifications to do the job. Certainly not slandering the industry or anything like that, you have to have a relatively sensible head on your shoulders!

I have no degrees or worth mentioning A levels - I sucked at that. I work alongside guys with little pay difference who have multitudes of degrees. We even have merchants up there in scotchland who use our services, and they often look for IT literate people, who can basically install all their systems.

• Like 1

I know how your feeling Jamie! Today is my first day back at work after two weeks of with Depresion, Its the worst thing but my girlfriend MADE me go doctors and i had a bit of a breakdown.

My reasons were debt and stuff going on with my housing situation but i feel a lot better and refreshed after some time off and i have not drank Alcohol for a week which saved some money and led to better nights sleep.

All you can do is keep you chin up and try to look for jobs elsewhere, I know there is loads here in Bristol, a few of the big banks have call centres here which pay quite well for the job, I started at lloyds.

Debt is certainly one of the biggest caused of stress and depression. Must admit I felt a lot better for getting on a debt management plan.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm unsure weather to get on a DMP cause all going well my situation will change for the best shortly so i will have enough money spare to pay all my debt off within a year a 6 months. but then if it doesent i will need one.

do they restrict your spending when your on them? otherwise i can get one pay less now the pay them all off when i can/.

No restrictions as such you do have to love on a budget though. So plan out all your bills, complete a financial review once a year and then you can adjust the payments ad your situation changes. Likewise if your financial situation does change, you could save that money up and agree an early payoff saving some money

Might have to be something i proceed with then incase things dont go the way i'm hoping :P

It's a good idea. It feels a right ache in the Nads at the start but after a few months things settle down. I approached stepchange and don't get me wrong. They aren't perfect and have fluffed a lot up, but, they are otherwise good at it and creditors do support them and trust them.

I did go to citizens Advice whilst i was of and they suggested one but i was put off doing anything with them when the Lady talking to me said to hand deliver the documents they wanted filled in as they have no money and cant afford more envolopes!

If they are that skint how can they help us haha :P

Haha, well everything with stepchange is online. Budget, monitoring, balance updates etc. If my interest goes up or the payment details change I just login, update and done.

You wouldn't get DLA for depression, just ESA. And benefits are terrible at your age and being male. And you'd feel extremely bored and useless permanently. Trust me, it's not something you ever want to do unless absolutely necessary!

I hope your situation improves somehow soon though! :)

• Like 2

and running into christmas /new year is the worse time for debt/depression just glad wife looks after all monies hope you get the help you need

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club