Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo Dtci Glow Light Flashing

dave...

Can any one help.

I have a 2006 mondeo tdi,130 ps with 210,000 miles on.

I start it up and it's in limp mode,5 minutes down the road switch ignition off and on and it's back to full power,been doing this for months now.had the car plugged in and had 2 error codes.

P0121 throttle pedal position sensor a.

P132b turbo charger/super charger boost control a.

I've changed both and still have the same error.

Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Thanks dave

sounds like the TPS is done for, that will need replacing I suspect.

as for the turbo, that could be a bad sensor.

I've put a new throttle position sensor which come with the pedal.cost 140 pound.i was hoping that was problem.still the same tho.

Thanks jeebowhite.

Any other thoughts m8

DId you replace anything in the cabin or just the sensor in the engine bay?

the P132b code is often thrown up when the electronic turbo actuator is inactive, this is usually down to either sticking vanes in the turbo or the actuator itself playing up, the actuators can suffer from dry solder joints or wires coming adrift inside on the circuit board, if you disconnect the arm of the actuator you can check to feel any resistance on the vanes also check to see if the arm moves when the car is started.it should move back and forth for a second.

• Like 3

the P132b code is often thrown up when the electronic turbo actuator is inactive, this is usually down to either sticking vanes in the turbo or the actuator itself playing up, the actuators can suffer from dry solder joints or wires coming adrift inside on the circuit board, if you disconnect the arm of the actuator you can check to feel any resistance on the vanes also check to see if the arm moves when the car is started.it should move back and forth for a second.

But when disconnecting the arm, make sure you dont lose the c clip. They can fly off at great speed. Lol

I found that there is a sticky vain.i was wondering if I could dremil it off and then it won't be attached to the ring.i can't upload the photo to show you what I mean.and I can't change the manifold as there's 2 bolts I can't undo

I found that there is a sticky vain.i was wondering if I could dremil it off and then it won't be attached to the ring.i can't upload the photo to show you what I mean.and I can't change the manifold as there's 2 bolts I can't undo

The actuator should sit at 12 0clock,but when it goes in to limp mode it sits at 10 o clock looking from drivers side.i found I had this sticky vain about 2 months ago when I first took it apart but didn't think nothing of it.if I cut it off do think it will stop going to limp mode

any physical alteration to the turbo will throw it of balance, lots of companys due a spray turbo cleaner so try on of these first.

• Like 1

I tried brake cleaner when I first took it apart as I needed pliers to loosen the vane.im gonna try cutting it off as soon as we have a dry day.it does have3 rollers to ride around on the ring which seems mad how1 bar balances the turbo.why can't I upload a photo on this site.other than that I'm gonna scrap the car as its been like it for 2 to 3 months now.its ok 1 minute then in limp then vice versa.

Thanks for all your help I appreciate it

Dave

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club