Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Changed a fuse now alarm wont stop going off

lmorgan87

Hi everyone, 

I've come across a strange problem which i'm hoping may be an easy fix to those of you with more experience than me. I've recently acquired an old 51 plate focus. While trying to fix a central locking related issue I followed some instructions on this fine forum and decided that I would check 'fuse 63' on the back of the internal fuse board. Having checked this to find it wasn't blown I replaced the fuse. 

Ever since replacing it the car alarm has been sounding every time i start the car or open the passenger door (cant unlock drivers door using the key which is the locking issue I was originally trying to solve). The car starts no problem but it is always accompanied by the hazard warning lights flashing and the alarm going off! To remedy this I have unplugged the horn but this is only a temporary fix to avoid waking the neighbors up when I head off to work tomorrow. 

Does anyone know why this is happening or how I can fix it? It may be relevant to explain that the central locking was a bit iffy when i got the car and the key fob was already broken i.e. would not operate the central locking by pressing the button. It came with the original fob key plus two other non remote keys. 

I have ordered another battery for the fob in the hopes that by some miracle it may just be an old battery which is at fault. Short of this any tips would be VERY much appreciated (by me and my poor neighbors). Before I posted this I searched the forum for an answer to a similar issue but could not find anything that matched my problem. My apologies if this is a question which has already been covered. 

Thanks to anyone who can offer their advice. Lewis

• 4 weeks later...

have you checked all the other fuses?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club