Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Loud Noises!

TomsFocus

So, pretty sure the Focus is trolling me lately lol. :laugh: 

Noise 1 - Sounds like a fighter jet flying over head, literally screams, comes and goes, can't find any particular time, road surface or speed it happens but its when cruising on dual carriageways.  Wheel bearing maybe but I cant feel any play or roughness in it?

Noise 2 - Took a roundabout a bit quick yesterday, it's not often ESP steps in on a dry road lol, but following that there was a bad vibration heard and felt through the car for a good few miles after which suddenly just vanished, felt speed related rather than engine related.  Any ideas there?

Noise 3 - On a brisk lane change with the weight shifting there was a horrific twang noise heard (but not felt)...sounded like a coil spring snapping, but I've just checked and all springs are in tact.  What is going on!? :unsure:

Not sure if they're related, guessing not, but it's doing my head in lol.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

So, pretty sure the Focus is trolling me lately lol. :laugh: 

Noise 1 - Sounds like a fighter jet flying over head, literally screams, comes and goes, can't find any particular time, road surface or speed it happens but its when cruising on dual carriageways.  Wheel bearing maybe but I cant feel any play or roughness in it?

Noise 2 - Took a roundabout a bit quick yesterday, it's not often ESP steps in on a dry road lol, but following that there was a bad vibration heard and felt through the car for a good few miles after which suddenly just vanished, felt speed related rather than engine related.  Any ideas there?

Noise 3 - On a brisk lane change with the weight shifting there was a horrific twang noise heard (but not felt)...sounded like a coil spring snapping, but I've just checked and all springs are in tact.  What is going on!? :unsure:

Not sure if they're related, guessing not, but it's doing my head in lol.

For noise 3, check for stones in the bit that the rear spring sits in.

I had the exact same noise on my 2012 Focus, when the garage had it up and looked for what was causing it, they found a stone sat in that "platform" which was getting pinged by the springs as they compressed, after they got rid of it the noise stopped. :)

• Like 2

Good info there Alex. Something to put in the memory bank for future reference.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club