Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DRL on 2011 Mk3 Focus

Arwen

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/

they know their stuff, you can take a gamble and get some knock offs dirt cheap but its a bit of a mine field.  I got a cheap set of ballasts and some cheapo bulbs, the bulbs were terrible, shoddy light pattern and nowhere near the 4300k they were supposed to be, so got some from TRS, much better quality but one of them flickers slightly, its the cheap ballast that's doing it so will need to replace them as well.

They're a bit pricey for a whole kit. Projectors, bulbs, ballasts etc.

Might try it out with a cheaper projector first maybe.

Sent from the pub with a pint in the other hand.

if you want to cut corners id suggest the ballasts are a good place to start and could save you a fortune, you don't need the relay kit and if you do you can buy a cheap eBay one, I wont skimp on bulbs again though which just leave the projector,  it is expensive but ask yourself how much you will have to spend if the cheap projectors turn out to be crap and you have to send them back

Just a head's up, I think I read somewhere on this forum that when you switch to HIDs on MK3, you also need to bypass the vehicle's check for bad bulbs or something like that - it just needs a correction in the car software. Nothing that can't be done with Focccus I believe, and with the same ELM cable you used with the MK2s, but it can save you some nerves after you install the HID Kit. (as far as I remember, the lights will light up, but they will probably give you warning on the dash computer)

Otherwise, I'm really looking forward to see what can be done with MK3s headlights, almost makes me want to switch to newer car, lol :D 

• Like 1

I have HIDs h7r in my headlights at the minute and they give the bulb out message. I fixed it at one point with cancellers but after the PCM update it came back again. I'm too afraid to disconnected the battery now incase the update disappears lol

The software will be held in flash memory so won't disappear if the power is removed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kpg said:

I have HIDs h7r in my headlights at the minute and they give the bulb out message. I fixed it at one point with cancellers but after the PCM update it came back again. I'm too afraid to disconnected the battery now incase the update disappears lol

Found the topic:

You can read about the tweak JW1982 used to fix the warning message, looks pretty easy if you have an OBD cable...

Found the topic:

You can read about the tweak JW1982 used to fix the warning message, looks pretty easy if you have an OBD cable...

I've had a look at that before but couldn't see any specifics. Just mentions the use of the cable. Must have a look over it again. Thanks

Yeah, no exact step by step guide (maybe there's something more in the rest of the topic), but I believe it should be just a matter of settings in software like Focccus, or some other alternative for MK3s.

My first choice actually was the same lights as you have linked KPG but at the time no stock and $100 more than the ones i bought- that is a good price you should get them.Sales guy said they were of a better quality build but not sure if they are halogen or hid projectors? Ended up buying generic H1 Mini projectors and 5500k bulbs from http://www.vikom.com.au/product/generic-mini-h1-bi-xenon-projectors-2/ and T3C CANBUS ballasts from a local place-same as http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/2015-new-t3c-12v-35w-canbus-slim-ballast/248341367.html   would have liked the morimoto mini H1 7.0 and xb35 ballasts and standalone canbus harness but was tight on cash at the time.Still very happy with generic projectors output and cutoff for $60.00 au-and very bright white bulbs!http://www.vikom.com.au/product/h1-vikom-vx35-hid/ (but beware the yeaky/morimoto style bulbs with the detachable power wiring hits the damn chassis bracing stupid design by ford-so you need to shorten them) see pic

IMG_1823.JPG

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club