Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cambelt thoughts

winemart2

ive would have thought it might be easier to just drop the engine out and work on it on a bench, engine doent take long to take out, you leave the gearbox where it is and slide engine off it.

• Like 2

Ok guys my fiesta zetec s is 57 which means 2017 will be 10 years old or 100,000 miles but I have only 40k so 2017 10 year will come first how much I am looking around for to replace the belt ??

27 minutes ago, Patrico777 said:

Ok guys my fiesta zetec s is 57 which means 2017 will be 10 years old or 100,000 miles but I have only 40k so 2017 10 year will come first how much I am looking around for to replace the belt ??

i have done 3 lately, all 3 have chosen not to replace water pump so parts (timing belt kit and both auxiliary drive belts come to £60. Note that the water pump is not cambelt driven but it is tucked behind it.

Labour wise it's 2.8 hours book time so whatever your garage would charge for 3 hours labour. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, stef123 said:

i have done 3 lately, all 3 have chosen not to replace water pump so parts (timing belt kit and both auxiliary drive belts come to £60. Note that the water pump is not cambelt driven but it is tucked behind it.

Labour wise it's 2.8 hours book time so whatever your garage would charge for 3 hours labour. 

Thanks for reply when do you reckon I should change it then January? Or it does not really matter car was made 28/09/2007

3 minutes ago, Patrico777 said:

Thanks for reply when do you reckon I should change it then January? Or it does not really matter car was made 28/09/2007

What engine do you have? just realised it may be different one to what I quoted..

personally, I wouldn't be too stressed about getting it done just now but each to their own. 

I guess you guys already know, but the Ecoboost engine has the cambelt running in oil, at the sump....

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC mobile app

7 hours ago, stef123 said:

What engine do you have? just realised it may be different one to what I quoted..

personally, I wouldn't be too stressed about getting it done just now but each to their own. 

Mine is 1.6 tdci s 

2 hours ago, Ffoxy said:

I guess you guys already know, but the Ecoboost engine has the cambelt running in oil, at the sump....

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC mobile app

That video is really cool tbh!

I didn't realise the belt was like that though, now I see why it takes so long lol.

57 minutes ago, Patrico777 said:

Mine is 1.6 tdci s 

From what I have here in my Autodate book, you engine is only 1.8 hours book time. 

The amount of people trying to disagree with Ian, a man that possibly has access to the best possible resources & years of experience is worrying..

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

• 3 years later...

Looking to buy Ford Focus 1 ecoboost second hand..has 70000 miles..should I worried to belt changed?? 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club