Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1999 Endura clutch issue

richard3009

Just purchased a 1999 Endura 1300, and when changing gear its clunky on pedal release, nothing major but annoying, I used to own an Orion years ago that did this, is it caused by rough clutch control by the previous owner or general wear and tear.

Its fine on setting off from a stand still but noticeable on the change from first to second gear.

And secondly is it the actual clutch or an issue elsewhere.

If it was my car I would be putting a new clutch in it. But then I don't have to pay for labour ;)

If you do get a new one make sure you get the slave cylinder with the kit. Always advised to replace that with the clutch and bearing

If it was my car I would be putting a new clutch in it. But then I don't have to pay for labour ;)

If you do get a new one make sure you get the slave cylinder with the kit. Always advised to replace that with the clutch and bearing

Some people have had to renew a squishy gearbox mount. There is even a nylon version of it available. That cures rocking-about of the engine in the bay, due to torque reaction. The BMC minis of old had such a big problem with this that a top strut was fitted as an accessory by enthusiasts, linking the cylinder-head to the bulkhead beside the brake servo.

Some people have had to renew a squishy gearbox mount. There is even a nylon version of it available. That cures rocking-about of the engine in the bay, due to torque reaction. The BMC minis of old had such a big problem with this that a top strut was fitted as an accessory by enthusiasts, linking the cylinder-head to the bulkhead beside the brake servo.

where can I locate this mount, any photos online

cheers Richard

underneath the battery tray. You also have a stabiliser at the back of the gearbox with a rubber mounting. Check this is worn. (do this first before you take the battery out!)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club